Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed any highway bars on the KP? And if so did you run into any issues? I've heard horror stories but in the prep for installing them I don't see what the issue would be.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have the black Lindby multibar. Install was cool, only had to loosen the front exhaust slightly for the clamp on one of the down tubes

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the black Lindby multibar. Install was cool, only had to loosen the front exhaust slightly for the clamp on one of the down tubes
Do you have foot boards?
edit: After seeing what you both have, it probably is no challenge. KP tours have floor boards so you need certain hwy bars.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Do you have foot boards?
edit: After seeing what you both have, it probably is no challenge. KP tours have floor boards so you need certain hwy bars.
floor boards on the 8ball, only issue I have is I cant hang my feet off the front of the boards.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Highway bars

I do have foot boards but I think I'm fine with clearance. My concern is the oil cooler. I got the bars from outlawchrome.com. I went online to their site & they say remove cooler.....?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
highway bars

The bars went on perfectly. The only issue I ran into was the panhead screw included with the install kit was too short. I went to the hardware store and for a 1.89 the problem was solved. I also had to invert the horn allow room for the bars. Outlawchrome.com rocked the bars with great illustrationed instructions.

bars2.jpg

with bars.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Linby Multibar, as previously mentioned I exhaust nut loosened and install was simple. Took an hour but I took my time. Clears oil cooler and starter fine. I kept everything loose and got The bottom middle connector bar attached and then tightened it all up for a perfect fit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lindby install on Kingpin

Agreed, best tip is to leave all the bolts loose until you get it where you want it, then gradually snug them down. Maybe in a couple of "waves", like you would lug nuts. The lower bar seemed to want to twist when I tried snugging it down all at once the first time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
highway bars

The Outlawchrome highway bars went well. A few snags but simply overcome. The issues I ran into were sent to outlawchrome.com in an email but its all good now and I love the bars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Agreed, best tip is to leave all the bolts loose until you get it where you want it, then gradually snug them down. Maybe in a couple of "waves", like you would lug nuts. The lower bar seemed to want to twist when I tried snugging it down all at once the first time.
I couldnt get my lower bar on the Linbar to seat correctly no matter how many times I loosened and re-tightened. I got it close enough in the end, but the fit is not perfect.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just installed the Lindby Multibar on my 08 KP 8 Ball. The only issue I had was figuring out how to get the u-bracket to slide between the frame and the front exhaust pipe. I figured out the right angle towards the top and it slid right in. It tightened down nicely for a perfect fit. Highly recommended accessory.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problemo

Bought a used one from Shark Cycle(local dealer). I have a 09 Kingpin Premium Low. Went on easily with the right bolt kit. Is a one piece bar (believe it is a Baron). Has foot pegs on it that are great for highway riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
highway bars

The bars went on perfectly. The only issue I ran into was the panhead screw included with the install kit was too short. I went to the hardware store and for a 1.89 the problem was solved. I also had to invert the horn allow room for the bars. Outlawchrome.com rocked the bars with great illustrationed instructions.

View attachment 4297

View attachment 4298
What size panhead bolt is on the bottom connecting the frame? My bolt will be too short and I can't find out which bolt I need to buy before removing the bolt. Also, will the bike sag or drop down once I remove that bolt?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts