Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps some of you fellow XCT owners have struggled with installing highway pegs, especially if you are on the shorter side. My wife and I both have XCT bikes. I am about 5'-9.5" tall (used to be 5'-10" - damn old age). My wife is about 5'-8.5" tall.

We really like having highway pegs to allow additional foot positions on long rides. More specifically, we both like positioning highway pegs in a manner that allows us to a) rest our heels on the floorboards and our toes on the pegs and b) put our instep or ball of foot on the pegs and really stretch out (birthing position :) ).

If you have a XCT, you know that the hard lowers really interfere with many and perhaps most highway peg mounts. Our favorite pegs are Kuryakyn Dually Iso pegs and these have a VERY limited number of positions in which they can be mounted on the highway bars due to the size/shape of the bar clamp. I can make one of these few positions work for me but it is just too far away for comfort for my wife.

I bought some chrome z-brackets that have been touted on another thread/post here on the Victory Forums and tried those on my wife's bike. They worked GREAT for her. They moved the pegs about 2" closer and allowed the pegs to be pivoted inwards more.

I have attached four pictures that may help illustrate the utility of these chrome z-brackets. There are two pictures of Dually Iso pegs mounted on her bike using the chrome z-brackets and two pictures of the same style pegs mounted on my bike without the z-brackets using just the stock Kuryakyn mounting hardware. Sorry that both bikes are the same color making it more difficult to tell which pictures are which.

The first and fourth pics show the pegs with z-brackets (side and pseudo-top view) while the second and third pics show the pegs mounted without z-brackets (same side and pseudo-top views).

I hope this helps anyone interested in installing highway pegs and, especially, any shorter riders struggling with finding pegs that will fit them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Doesn't look like you used the Z in the same way as other postings I've seen.
Nice bike color btw. :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't look like you used the Z in the same way as other postings I've seen.
Nice bike color btw. :)
What other way could the z-bracket be used? Perhaps I am missing something but I saw no other way it could be installed. It has to be parallel to the "tab" on the bar clamp because concave bend on the clamp and the convex bend on the z-bracket "nest". Any attempt to align the z-bracket not parallel to the tab on the clamp would misalign these two bends so would not allow you to tighten the bolt sufficiently.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would have to look up the posting again. They might have used longer z bracket too.

For me I've just been hanging feet off without pegs but it is something I'm considering. Z bracket is the best way to get pegs back far enough. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts