Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of highways pegs that mount to the highway bars on my 2013 Cross Country. Anybody have recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm looking for a set of highways pegs that mount to the highway bars on my 2013 Cross Country. Anybody have recommendations? Thanks!
It depends how tall you are. Pegs mounted on the XC engine guard bars are way out there, but if you are a tall guy, then the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually's are a good bet as they are super adjustable.

I'm on the short side, so I got the ones that attach under the floorboard, removed the main peg from the mounting frame then made a custom set that fit me perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look good! I'm 6-2 and wonder if the highway bar mounts would work. Any tall riders out there using highway pegs?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put the longhorn offsets on mine. I am 6'4". I put them low so I can either put my heel on them or rest my heel on the board and put my toe on the peg. Gives me a great variety of places for my feet on the long rides. Also keeps my legs closer to the engine when it is cold out and the heat feels good.

Lobo
Guardians Of The Children
Prairie Lands Chapter

·
Registered
204 Posts
Those look good! I'm 6-2 and wonder if the highway bar mounts would work. Any tall riders out there using highway pegs?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I am only 5'9"...so I am guessing these might be too tight for you. At 6' 2", you would need to stretch your legs out a bit more. Having said that, with the original pegs, they do stick out quite a ways. I felt like a chick in the Gynocologists chair with those on...:ltr:.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am 6'3" and used the Kuryakyn Dualli offset pegs mounted to the highway bars. Allows me to stretch out or rest my heels on the floorboard with toes on the pegs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/200261686198

·
Registered
7 Posts
Netnorske...i am also 5'9" and i think your setup would work great on my 2104 XCT. Where did you get the mounting brackets and did you rework something on the footpad or make it from scratch?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I just installed the Victory OEM highway pegs tonight, went for a ride, I'm 6'3", so far I like them.

BTW, my first post. Just put a 1k miles on my 2014 Victory Cross Country.. LOVE IT!!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just installed the Victory OEM highway pegs tonight, went for a ride, I'm 6'3", so far I like them.

BTW, my first post. Just put a 1k miles on my 2014 Victory Cross Country.. LOVE IT!!
I have the Vic OEM (kuryakyn) pegs on my 2013 CC. I'm 6'2" and hardly use them. They are just a bit too far out of reach for me. Of course, if I use the backrest then I am pushed too far forward for my comfort, but I have no issue reaching the pegs then. But I really need to bend the backrest backwards. I think I would have been better off something mounted from the floorboards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Netnorske...i am also 5'9" and i think your setup would work great on my 2104 XCT. Where did you get the mounting brackets and did you rework something on the footpad or make it from scratch?

This photo shows the OEM Victory floorboard-mounted peg setup. I started by removing the bolt and peg, leaving only the chrome mounting bracket....

Next I fabricated a few pieces....

A) I picked up a set of generic guard bar mounted pegs at a used bike parts place that included the flat metal w/rubber pads, but also had other hardware attached. I cut off everything else....leaving only the pad with a flat metal bottom.

B) I fabricated several pieces of flat metal at various lengths to test which one fit me best, drilling several bolt holes in each.

C) I fabricated a piece of angle iron, heated and twisted it to match my angle of feet when on the pegs (opposite twist for the L and R side), then welded that to the bottom of the metal pads. I then painted all pieces a metallic silver....

Lastly...I experimented with different length chrome spacers (and bolts) until I found which ones fit me best. Those I got at Ace Hardware. This setup fits me perfect (as it should since I custom made it). I can ride with my heels on the board and toes on the pegs...or full feet or heels on the pegs themselves. It takes a bit of patience, but you can get it just right if you take your time. I wasn't very artistic in my metal fabrication...I just wanted it to work. Someone with more skill could easily do a nicer job.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice work Norske! I have the longhorn offsets. No worky for me as I'm 5'10". Ordered a set of Rivco 4" long offset mounts for a gold wing. Should work out fine. I'll post pics when mounted.

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I bought my '13 XC in February I was pretty sure that I wasn't gonna need highway pegs given how much leg room is on one of these things (I'm 6' 2"). Given that I have a habit of using the right highway peg as a toe rest for my size 14 flippers I soon found myself reaching up with my foot to a non existent rest so I bought a set of the Kury Victory pegs. They're adjustable enough that now I'm back to using that right peg as an extension of the floorboard. They looks good and unlike the ones that mount to the floorboards if I drag one on the ground it means that there's a lot of other things that are getting scraped up as well.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
This photo shows the OEM Victory floorboard-mounted peg setup. I started by removing the bolt and peg, leaving only the chrome mounting bracket....
I am having trouble locating that bracket on Kuryakyn's site. Do you have a link or part number?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I did not buy those OEM floorboard mounted pegs through Kuryakyn....I bought them at the Vic dealership off the showroom floor.
I just flipped through the accessories catalog and can't find them there either. Please help. Do you have a link or part number, any info?

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I did see those, but did not look closer since it said it was for forged bars. I didn't notice the floorboard mount.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts