Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Highway Pegs On a Vic XCT

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  SuperDog 
#1 ·
I have Kuryakyn offset highway pegs on a 2012 Vic XCT. Because of the small area of the highway bar exposed and mostly because of the interference from the hard lowers, I cannot rotate these pegs back toward the footbeds. This make them hard for me to reach and limits their usefullness. Are there other styles of highway pegs and mounts that will attach to the stock bars and reach around the hard lowers to position the pegs further back toward the footbeds? Perhaps the Kuryakyn Tour-Tech or the Longhorn offset ones but they do not have to be Kuryakyn brand.

If anyone has experience with better functioning highway pegs on a XCT, please let me know. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

#2 ·
#3 ·
SuperDog, Thanks. Those are one of the set I was considering. Any chance you could post a picture of these on your bike so that I could see how far they reach backwards toward the footbeds? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

#8 · (Edited)
Why certainly
I had the other style like what PaulJP posted up, but they just didn't reach back far enough for me to be comfortable. The position I have these in is about the only position they will work in for the most part, these hard lowers on the CCT really create headaches for finding pegs that work well but I find these to be just fine and am happy with them, and they are cheaper then the other style that broggyr posted up (although I believe they locate the pegs in pretty much the same location) Oh and I didn't post a pic but when you flip them "up out of the way" they literally flip straight up.

Attachments

#4 ·
#7 ·
I have a slightly used set of the same ones that Broggy has - for sale for $100 plus shipping.

#9 · (Edited)
SuperDog, Thanks. Those look awesome. They reach back really well despite the limited positioning allowed by the hard lowers. Looking at the page to which you linked, there are two lenghts available - short (pegs mount 4" back from highway bar) and long (pegs mount 6" back from bar). Do you know which you have?

I have the same mounting hardware that PaulJP posted but with different actual pegs and I agree with you, they do not reach back far enough. The Tour-Tech look perfect. Next on my list after today buying a rider backrest and mounting hardware, Klockwerk Flare windscreen, +2" pullback bars, and a clutch pull relief.

G'day,

Vinish

#11 ·
SuperDog, Sorry but to keep bothering you but I have one more set of questions. How much adjustability do you have with these Tour-Tech mounts/pegs? It looks like you can easily move the pegs up at least 3-4 inches by sliding the mounts up on the highway bars. Confirm? Can you swing them further inboard or outboard? I would think that outboard would be no problem but further inboard might be prevented by the edges of the hard lowers. Can you move the pegs forward or bacward - perhaps through a combination of raising the location of the mount on the bars but changing the angle of the connecting bar? Thanks, in advance, for your further help.

G'day,

Vinish

#12 ·
I have a pair of driving lamps mounted to the same place that SuperDog mounted his highway pegs. I know that I probably have 2-3 inches of adjustment before I run into the lowers.

#13 ·
Yes, like I said, the lowers really are a pain when it comes to pegs. Yes I could move them up but the more up the more out you have to swing them and then they just wont let the pegs themselves sit where you can get your feet on them. I played with them a bit when I mounted them and tried a couple different spots but this was where I finally settled on them being the most useful and comfortable. You can swing them in a little bit more, but then they start interfering with your feet on the boards and/or foot controls, swing them out and then the pegs angle forward to much. Pull them up higher on the highway bars and they have to swing out (again making them useless) and I have them set as low on the bars as I could possibly get them (to take advantage of what little room there is to manipulate them because of the lowers.

My conclusion is that they are NOT the IDEAL pegs, but they are the only available option for someone like myself with a 31" inseam. They do provide for plenty of seat and foot placement so as to make long rides much better. If I can find better, I will buy them. Like I said, I had the other style, and they would have worked great, IF my legs were about 2 inches or so longer. Such is life with limited choices cheers

#14 ·
My dealer said the bar mounts would scratch my lowers, so I went with the floorboard mount, then needed some adjustment from there.

#20 ·
Well of course they would tell u that, they want u to buy the stuff that they make the most mark up on. There are NO scratches on my lowers from either style.

#16 ·
Hey broggyr , Could you post some pictures of your pegs? I was wondering about this type and how the looked and worked. Thanks in advance when you are able to.

#19 ·
I like the pegs. They are very adjustable and comfortable. Like most motorcycle parts, overly expensive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.