Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the floorboard mounted highway pegs, # 2875738. I was looking at buying some and wanted to know what they look like and if they are functional.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am a short guy so I do not need any leg room but on long riding days a little more comfort can go a long way. Although the Floorboards are long, there's no way I could use all the length. When you stretch out on the floorboards your feet/ankle will naturally go flat footed and that is not comfortable to me, I need a little lift in a natural position which requires a little angle outward and upward.
The floorboard cruise pegs that go under the floorboard stick out in a unnatural way not to mention by being outward (sticking out) from the floorboards if the bike falls they will catch all the fall. Now what happens then is anybody's guess.

Not a good photos showing the cruise pegs but you can see they angle inward and down so my feet are in a natural position. With these I have 3 positions to use.
1) feet on floorboards
2) just above the ball of my foot on cruise pegs with heel on FB
3) feet on cruise pegs.

This is what I will do on the XC

I will make a mount that bolts to the threaded bottom hole. Bend it outward. Then drill a hole to use the female clevis so it can be either pushed upward out of the way or down so it may be used or weld a piece on the end so I can use a a HD type brake pedal pad. I will be able to use any HD type brake pedal pad no matter who makes it so I have a large amount of choices for the cover.

I found a matching gear shift pedal and brake pad that match and looks really cool.
I can use these as the gear shift and brake pedal

And this for the cruise pedal pad's

This is really very easy to do/make

dd

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the factory, crashbar mounted pegs, they come back about 3 inches to allow the front of my feet to rest on them and my heels on the boards. I have a 30" inseam. They work and look really good.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am a short guy so I do not need any leg room but on long riding days a little more comfort can go a long way. Although the Floorboards are long, there's no way I could use all the length. When you stretch out on the floorboards your feet/ankle will naturally go flat footed and that is not comfortable to me, I need a little lift in a natural position which requires a little angle outward and upward.
The floorboard cruise pegs that go under the floorboard stick out in a unnatural way not to mention by being outward (sticking out) from the floorboards if the bike falls they will catch all the fall. Now what happens then is anybody's guess.

Not a good photos showing the cruise pegs but you can see they angle inward and down so my feet are in a natural position. With these I have 3 positions to use.
1) feet on floorboards
2) just above the ball of my foot on cruise pegs with heel on FB
3) feet on cruise pegs.

This is what I will do on the XC

I will make a mount that bolts to the threaded bottom hole. Bend it outward. Then drill a hole to use the female clevis so it can be either pushed upward out of the way or down so it may be used or weld a piece on the end so I can use a a HD type brake pedal pad. I will be able to use any HD type brake pedal pad no matter who makes it so I have a large amount of choices for the cover.

I found a matching gear shift pedal and brake pad that match and looks really cool.
I can use these as the gear shift and brake pedal

And this for the cruise pedal pad's

This is really very easy to do/make

dd
DD, I really like your idea of using harley type parts...availability and selection are endlesscheers.

Where did you locate the pedals that you show? They look super.

Please post some pics when you get done. My buddy Marc has a CNC mill and lathe, maybe I can interest him.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a Ultra Classic so my dealership sends me a accessories catalog every year. It has 856 pages that covers everything from chrome to high performance.
Then there is the SE catalog that has nothing but performance for the engine. Including engine swaps. They just introduced a 120 ci 125 hp engine.
Do ya hear me Victory
The reasons I am doing this is that I can make this myself for penny's on the dollar and custom fit it to fit me.
Do ya hear me Victory

You also view the accessories here:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/browse/browse_categories.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374309380495&bmUID=1294505996707&bmLocale=en_US

1 - 7 of 7 Posts