·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Meowww...

Okay, I guess this is a thread for California cats, so I'll go ahead and meow in too. :) I suppose the jackpot's a little different than my XR. I fill mine up one handed, no clips, no tricks. But mine does take a certain angle where it works best, without splashing.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Okay, I guess this is a thread for California cats, so I'll go ahead and meow in too. :) I suppose the jackpot's a little different than my XR. I fill mine up one handed, no clips, no tricks. But mine does take a certain angle where it works best, without splashing.
My tank is same is jackpot and all I have to do is point the nossle to the left and that's it. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like a nice alternative to what I currently have to do. We have the same plastic covers here in St. Louis. Every fill up is a two handed affair which means you have no idea where the fuel level is as it gets close to the top.....too much hand in the way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have the same damn things in parts of WA, too. I was just spilling fuel on my new Crossroads this week, trying to hold that stupid thing. ----Helipro

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
We have the same damn things in parts of WA, too. I was just spilling fuel on my new Crossroads this week, trying to hold that stupid thing. ----Helipro
Well, all it takes is finding the sweet spots. There are a few. Just move the nozzle around 'till you find them. There's a certain position and angle from each side which allows one hand fueling with zero splatter. I'd explain it further, but it's kinda difficult to describe. The way I found the sweet spots was to look for them, and gently move the nozzle 'till I saw no splatter and the nozzle stopped cutting off the fuel. cheers

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would hate to live in Cal. with all the stupid laws.
Yea, 75 degrees all year, low humidity, no bugs, little rain, no snow, no blizzards, mountains, ocean, etc. Lane splitting is legal, bla bla blanchers

Thank god there are people who DON'T want to live here.:ltr:

ps Never realized trying to help the environment was "stupid"? Oh well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea, 75 degrees all year, low humidity, no bugs, little rain, no snow, no blizzards, mountains, ocean, etc. Lane splitting is legal, bla bla blanchers

You forgot the sexiest women in the world, 34B, 36C, 38DD, 40DDD and and and Hey anything bigger than a 40DDD will not fit on the back of the bike, so there :crzy::ltr:

·
Registered
573 Posts
You forgot the sexiest women in the world, 34B, 36C, 38DD, 40DDD and and and Hey anything bigger than a 40DDD will not fit on the back of the bike, so there :crzy::ltr:
I am obviously getting too old:confused:

But you are definitely correct.cheers

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
And don't forget about how it's legal for fat naked people to roam aimlessly around San Francisco but guns are nearly outlawed.

Then again, even if they could get a concealed weapons permit, where would they put them?

Eeeeeewwwwwww.....

:D :D :D :D

Atcually, geographically, Cali is a beautiful state. The laws do suck and there are far too many illegals and those who are scamming the system for the state to survive, as is, for much longer. Pity really. It was such a nice state for such a long time.

Still is - geographically...great riding roads everywhere. Bummer about the helmet law though...

How a state that considers itself "liberal" can be so restrictive in so many ways is beyond me.

Oh well. It's still has some great scenery and nice bikin' roads...

·
Registered
108 Posts
How does a rubber boot on a gas nozzle help the environment????

:confused::confused::confused:
Well, for 1 it is mandated by the EPA in both the US and Canada that all vapors be recovered at Gasoline Terminals ( that is where the gas semi trucks get their loads)

2. Many gas companies have volunteered to use these devices which collect the gas fumes and prevent them from escaping to the atmosphere through loose fitting hose connections like what we are talking about here.

3. Perhaps you should get some information before you comment further, you statement shows what you really don't know. The facts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Amen, Brother. I was born and raised in Bflo, NY then served 4 years in the US Coast Guard doing search and rescue in Michigan. Used the VA benefits to complete my B.A. in business then moved away from 9 months of winter followed by 3 months of bad weather. Love it in SoCAL! Enjoy watching the Rose Bowl Parade in January or the Superbowl in February then going out for a ride in the 70 degree sunshine

·
Registered
336 Posts
1. If I have to pull the cover up in order to fill my tank on my bike, how is that recovering the fumes?

2. In my area (St. Louis), the city was deemed by the feds to be the evil air polluter and that is why St. Louis City, St. Louis County and St. Charles County have the nozzles. Go across the river to IL and no nozzles. How does the river stop the spread of the evil fumes? Illinois is environmentally friendly?

3. If I travel over the county line in STL County to Jefferson County or Warren County, one on I-55 and the other on I-70, once again, no hose covers. Do people filling up on the interstates not produce fumes while traveling in certain counties?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well, all it takes is finding the sweet spots. There are a few. Just move the nozzle around 'till you find them. There's a certain position and angle from each side which allows one hand fueling with zero splatter. I'd explain it further, but it's kinda difficult to describe. The way I found the sweet spots was to look for them, and gently move the nozzle 'till I saw no splatter and the nozzle stopped cutting off the fuel. cheers
I'm not sure you're talking about gas pumps anymore :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
573 Posts
And don't forget about how it's legal for fat naked people to roam aimlessly around San Francisco but guns are nearly outlawed.

Then again, even if they could get a concealed weapons permit, where would they put them?

Eeeeeewwwwwww.....

:D :D :D :D

Atcually, geographically, Cali is a beautiful state. The laws do suck and there are far too many illegals and those who are scamming the system for the state to survive, as is, for much longer. Pity really. It was such a nice state for such a long time.

Still is - geographically...great riding roads everywhere. Bummer about the helmet law though...

How a state that considers itself "liberal" can be so restrictive in so many ways is beyond me.

Oh well. It's still has some great scenery and nice bikin' roads...
Hi Bob, hope all is well. Actually Az has the same problem will illegals, I know seem to have an answer, but I don't. When you say Ca is restrictive you seem to mean helmet laws. Although I always were one, I agree it should be rider (but maybe not passenger) decision. However, why does Az outlaw lane splitting? For me, this is one of the greatest privileges of riding thru out the world, other than the 49 state which don't permit it. For me, much more important than a helmet law.

I grew up in AZ, and still visit often (mother, sister, brother), but hate having to sit in long lines on the freeway or in Phoenix without the ability to just "go thru".

CA does have some dumb laws, as do ALL states. For me, since I am a motorcyclist, the important things are ability to ride comfortably all year (that's 12 months) without a lot of rain, heat, cold, or humidity.

Also nice to have thousands of miles of mountains, twisties, an ocean, etc.

NO other state really comes all that close, "for motorcycling" and I have ridden in all 50 (North Carolina and surrounding area is pretty damn nice, but weather is less perfect, IMHO, plus no legal lane splitting).

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts