Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not advocating you buy or don't buy this, just reporting. Got my on-line version of the April Motorcycle Consumer News today, and there was a notice about this book. Here's what the MCN blurb said:

‘Victory Motorcycles 1998- 2017’ is a complete history of the underdog cruiser motorcycle brand that challenged the dominance of Harley-Davidson, but ultimately could not compete with the Milwaukee brand’s status as a global cultural icon. Readers get an insider’s view of how Victory developed its first model, the V92C, along with detailed descriptions and photos of every subsequent Victory model.

Co-authors Michael Dapper and Lee Klancher were involved with Victory from the day the first prototype debuted in June 1997 to the wintry morning in January 2017 when parent company Polaris announced it was “winding down” the Victory business. This book covers the brand long billed as “The New American Motorcycle” from its original pre-production models to the final Victory ever built in January 2017.

The book also features previously unpublished photos, styling renderings of Senior Industrial Designer Mike Song, production numbers not previously revealed, behind-the- scenes stories, a complete list of paint colors for every model, and a recap
of the brand’s business success and eventual demise.

In the mid-1990s, the co-authors were granted unprecedented access to Victory engineering and testing. In 1998 they published “The Victory Motorcycle,” chronicling the birth of the brand and development of the first Victory model, the V92C.

Here's the link to the book at Octane Press: https://octanepress.com/book/preorder-victory-motorcycles

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
That is a good read VJ. Feel bad for those factory workers in one of those pictures who are now out of a job or blessed to be still employed by Polaris but cursed to build Indians or Slingshots!

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Looks great in the raw potential for a stripped down custom!
Anyone else see what Im seeing?
One with smashed bodywork is sure to be dirt cheap over there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
but ya gotta love the Hyandai Accent logos on it!!!
almost as awesome as the limited edition badges that one of the members was looking at a while back.
:devil

Reactions: broggyr

·
13,263 Posts
At one time or another I have had many body parts off the vision. As I look around at the welds on the gas tank I wonder if a robot did it or a guy with outstanding talent. They say the prototype casting for the frame was done here in MN. and its outstanding cause they never really polished any of it and the only grinding is where they bolted something. The plastic body parts is very impressive how they match up. At one time I tried to count all the steel parts on a vision and there is only a handful. I would of loved to seen the clay mold they did. There is a panel in front of the seat and if you pop it off and look at the back side all the designers name are inbossed there. Polaris did have some of the best engineers in the motorcycle world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts