Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All,

While going over the brides "new" XR, found this tucked up under the fender.
Does anyone recognize the manufacturer? We do have a trailer, getting the correct insert would be great. (Yeah, a little more cleaning is in order.).

Also, which side is typically used for the wiring harness?

Thanks in advance, ride safe.
Smokier

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If they went to the trouble to install a hitch you will probably find a trailer plug back there tucked away. Grab a flashlight and give it a good look over. :)

·
12,983 Posts
yup guessing under seat or side cover.
Good find for you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings,

Thanks #BBob, your links were very helpful. It appears to be a BUSHTEC based on the hardware and website photos. Also, did find the wiring harness on the right side, tucked up under the seat and side cover. It is a HOPKINS 6 prong. Will change that to our round 5, but nice to know it's there.
Also, found a PC-V velcro'd under the left side cover.

Will have to contact BUSHTEC to see if getting the insert alone if possible.

Thanks for the responses. Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just installed a Bushtech on mine. If they cant help you out let me know. I can measure mine up, and do some drawings and you should be able to get someone to fab it up for ya. You will need a powered signal converter or your extra trailer lights will more than likely cause troubles with the bikes electrical.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i have a rivco and love it. pull the ball when not in use and easy peasy put it in when needed. i did get the correct wiring for mine direct from rivco. they were great on service and helping out with the install etc.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
A couple years back when I added some lights to the bag rails, I built a direct plug n play jumper lead that plugs into the rear light circuit. So adding the brake light isolator last month was pretty simple. No @#%$^ scotch locks or hacking wires.

Just say no to scotch locks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bushtec wants $99 for the CHROMED BALL INSERT. Thinking that is a bit more than anticipated....
Will have the neighborhood welder guy fab momma up sump'tin'. Price: 6 pack of his favorite beverage most likely...

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Bushtec wants $99 for the CHROMED BALL INSERT. Thinking that is a bit more than anticipated....
Will have the neighborhood welder guy fab momma up sump'tin'. Price: 6 pack of his favorite beverage most likely...

Ride safe,
Smokier
If you can give me a couple days, I will take some pics, try get get an angle on the piece of square tubing to ball mount and some measurements.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DJH3, that'd be awesome and appreciated!

She's not going anywhere soon, winter has arrived in our part of the midwest...

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Alrighty I'll put it on my list of stuff to do.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Speaking of winter, be sure to replace the summer air in your tires with winter air so they won't freeze.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Speaking of winter, be sure to replace the summer air in your tires with winter air so they won't freeze.
Really haha learn something new all the time.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
DJH3, that'd be awesome and appreciated!

She's not going anywhere soon, winter has arrived in our part of the midwest...

Ride safe,
Smokier
Sent you a PM with my e mail, but will try here. So did these pics up today. See if you have any questions on measurements or if I missed something.
Tongue = 2"w X 9"l X 1/2" thick
Ball Hole is 3/4"
Ball hole located 1" 1/8" back from forward edge to center of hole.
the Stalk I guess you might call it is 1" square tubing aprox 1/8" thick, aprox 3" long and mounted on a 30 degree angle to face of tongue with 1/8" set back from rear of tongue. It measures 3" from tongue to top of square tube on ball side of tongue. (I have for some reason called the ball side forward in directions)
The hitch pin hole is 1" 1/2" up from tongue, but I would just install, mark and drill.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DJH3,

Excellent work! Very, VERY much appreciated! Will get these photos and your details to the neighborhood fabricator! :)

Thanks again!

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
You might contact Big D to see if he could make one for you real quick. He's a good guy that way. Very reasonable on price too. I have a flag holder from his as well to go with the receiver that will hold up to 3 flags if you do that kind of thing.

https://www.facebook.com/BigDRacks/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You might contact Big D to see if he could make one for you real quick. He's a good guy that way. Very reasonable on price too. I have a flag holder from his as well to go with the receiver that will hold up to 3 flags if you do that kind of thing.

https://www.facebook.com/BigDRacks/
BBob, thanks for the heads up. May have to reach out to him!

Ride safe,
Smokier

1 - 18 of 18 Posts