Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at these 2 bars and I don't really see a difference? Give me your opinions please. A little feedback required.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
honestly i would stay away from both vendors

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the issues?
I really want to know why everyone chose what they have?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
both companies have customer service and quality issues, do some searching on both and then decide, i will never buy from either

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check out VicBaggers Tarzanz, much better customer service and they will make about any size you want. I think they may be cheaper as well @ $299

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I have the HMD's love the bars, they do not have the alignment holes pre-drilled for the clutch and brake levers though. Easy to drill your own, if installing your self.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I bought a set of bars from HMD. They took a long time to get them made. Promised delivery several times and then they have quality issues with weld, knurl and even aren't quite symmetrical.and the ad stated the Bars I bought were the apsame pullback as stock XC. They are a lot shorter. I talked to the owner and he said basically "you bought them, they yours". Ok, I will never give him another dime.

Kewlmetal I have never dealt with personally, but there are countless threads on several sites where people order from them and wait weeks or months and can't get there product or get hold of Kewlmetal.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have dealt personally with both Joe, Kewl Metal, and Mike, Hmd520. Timing can be an issue but always happy with the product and service.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If you like the Kewl Metal Meathooks and you are scared off by the comments of customer service via Kewl Metal.........BUY THEM!!!! Use "Victory Only" they are customer oriented and carry Kewl Metal productsthumb up.
http://www.victoryonly.com/

make sure they have them in stock before you order

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Got the HMD Gorilla Bagger Bars, never had a problem with the order or delivery. Maybe a fluke?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How tall are the meat hooks?
How tall are the gorilla bars?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Just got back from Sturgis and I had Helibars installed!!! Best bars in the business.

Look them up, and yes they are a bit much but worth every penny. You can adjust them on the fly.

Just remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do it right the first time with Helibars; or pay the price.

Just got back from Sturgis and I had Helibars installed!!! Best bars in the business.

Look them up, and yes they are a bit much but worth every penny. You can adjust them on the fly.

Just remember you get what you pay for.
I bought a 2" pullback bar and I find it, like the rest seem to think our natural hand grip position is horizontal to the ground...HELL NO.... Reach up like you are going to grab someone by their shoulders and you'll find your knuckles at a more diagonal position than all bars noted in this post. Thats why, my second bar WILL BE HELIBARS. I just gotta save for a few years... LOL.. they are expensive but, for good reason. EVERYONE I've heard from/spoke to said they wish they bought these first. They just didn't like the price and now they have a set of bars they gotta sell USED. So, do it right your first time and buy a set of HELIBARS.....

https://youtu.be/gtkrEaTJiEI explained
https://youtu.be/yus8AG6mjgg explained better sorta

NOTE: I want to wait until Biketoberfest here in Florida to see if they'll be less but, If anyone knows of any deals, discounts, let me know... so, I don't have to wait.

By the way: question for you AdamHosman: What did you pay at Sturgis....for your Helibars and for the installation?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am looking at these 2 bars and I don't really see a difference? Give me your opinions please. A little feedback required.
My previous experience, and as posted by many others, is to stay away form HMD. If something goes wrong he will leave you hanging with nothing but promises.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Like Kinghouse explained, just do it right the first time!

I was very tempted to save a buck or two BUT what good is the bike if you don't like ridding it. Yes $700-800 is expensive but you will never need another set. Better yet if you don't like the current position you can change.

Best purchase so far for my Cross Country Tour. Now I have no problem leaning back into the backrest and gripping the bars comfortably.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like Kinghouse explained, just do it right the first time!

I was very tempted to save a buck or two BUT what good is the bike if you don't like ridding it. Yes $700-800 is expensive but you will never need another set. Better yet if you don't like the current position you can change.

Best purchase so far for my Cross Country Tour. Now I have no problem leaning back into the backrest and gripping the bars comfortably.
Thanks, AdamHosman.... I spent nearly $300 on my bars and about 6hrs of work tearing down my bike to get them on. This was 2+ yrs ago. And now, I seem to be experiencing numbness in my hands and I attribute this to the bars because I rode my dads 99 HD and friends 11 HD which fit my hands more diagonally and I had ZERO problems.

I'm 5'7" and the 2" pull back on these bars helped comfort but, didn't quite reach perfection. Now, I need and will tear the bike down again, and do it right this time around with HELIBARS. I just wish they didn't cost so darn expensive.... Grrrr. Thats greed in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts