Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the lay down plate and noticed that it can't been seen at night because the light shines straight up. Anyone else run into this? Don't want to attract the PoPo

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
611 Posts
Installed the lay down plate and noticed that it can't been seen at night because the light shines straight up. Anyone else run into this? Don't want to attract the PoPo

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I went with the kury bracket for exactly this reason. I've never had anything else so I can't comment specifically but it was a concern of mine when I was shopping around so when I saw the curved bracket with integrated lights I just went for it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have the RICZ laydown plate , light hits it perfect !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called up the boys at HMD about the issue and they claimed no one has addressed that problem with them before. Their fix was for me was to purchase their LED license frame. I really didn't want to hack into wiring though

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same price, probably will look good but haven't scoped out the best way to run the power yet. I would rather not drill holes to run the wires.

·
Registered
536 Posts
hopefully the chrome is better on the HMD one than the custom dynamics one because I had used one on my Mean Streak when I installed the fender eliminator kit and the chrome was flaking off within a season and looked like complete crap by the end of the next season to the point of hitting it with plastidip...
but i can say first hand that the light does a great job on the plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts