Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the HMD pullback 2.5" bars. I'd consider getting the Vic 2" ones (cheaper), but I'm not thrilled with the wrist positioning on the Vic, and so am interested in the comment on the HMD page ( http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Bars-36 ) that "The hand postion has been changed to give you a more comfortable feeling." (I also prefer the bars in black, instead of chrome.)

What I'd like to do is to hear from anyone with these bars, regarding this hand-position change... if it's noticeable, an improvement, etc. Ideally, I'd like to meet up with someone who has these bars on an XC, and just sit on the bike. I live around Albany, NY (which is about 150 miles north of New York City, and 160 miles west of Boston). I often ride into VT, MA, and CT. Usually a couple times a year, I also ride down to see family in western NC, taking a few routes that go through parts of NJ, PA, MD, WV, and VA.

Any HMD riders interested in my buying them a free lunch sometime?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm probably on the far end of your range - North GA here - but I'm always looking for an excuse for a ride, so a lil' trip to NC wouldn't be a problem if you can't find someone closer to home.

I have the black pullback bars from HMD and like them a lot. I have not thought too much about the wrist position; I was leaned too far forward.
However, I changed handlebars on my other bike because the wrist position was uncomfortable. I took an 800 mile trip on the XCT recently with no complaints whatsoever.

Again, let me know if you're on the way to NC and would like to take my scoot for a spin.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NGA,

Thanks. I may take you up on this, but it looks like it will have to wait until the spring for a trip that far. Meet you at the Deals Gap store parking lot sometime, perhaps. (Again, just wanna sit on the bike, not ride it along The Dragon.)

In the meantime, could you tell me if you were able to retain the stock brake, cruise, heated grip, and clutch lines? Also, did you have to do any bar modification work to position the levers, or drill holes in the bar to re-insert that cable-ties near the grips, that sort of thing? Last, any problem removing and then re-installing the heated grips?

Thanks for your offer and for any help. And I WILL be passing through the area next April (on my way to TX, for the MotoGP race, where I already have a room booked).

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
I'm probably on the far end of your range - North GA here - but I'm always looking for an excuse for a ride, so a lil' trip to NC wouldn't be a problem if you can't find someone closer to home.

I have the black pullback bars from HMD and like them a lot. I have not thought too much about the wrist position; I was leaned too far forward.
However, I changed handlebars on my other bike because the wrist position was uncomfortable. I took an 800 mile trip on the XCT recently with no complaints whatsoever.

Again, let me know if you're on the way to NC and would like to take my scoot for a spin.
I would love to see them. My wrists are about crippled but I hate to spend another pile of money without knowing they will fix my problem. I'll spring for lunch or beer. I'm near Rome but will travel anywhere in N GA to see them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the HMD pullback 2.5" bars. I'd consider getting the Vic 2" ones (cheaper), but I'm not thrilled with the wrist positioning on the Vic, and so am interested in the comment on the HMD page ( http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Bars-36 ) that "The hand postion has been changed to give you a more comfortable feeling." (I also prefer the bars in black, instead of chrome.)

What I'd like to do is to hear from anyone with these bars, regarding this hand-position change... if it's noticeable, an improvement, etc. Ideally, I'd like to meet up with someone who has these bars on an XC, and just sit on the bike. I live around Albany, NY (which is about 150 miles north of New York City, and 160 miles west of Boston). I often ride into VT, MA, and CT. Usually a couple times a year, I also ride down to see family in western NC, taking a few routes that go through parts of NJ, PA, MD, WV, and VA.

Any HMD riders interested in my buying them a free lunch sometime?
I plan on putting the XR bars on my bike this winter. I believe the pullback and control portions of these bars are the same for each bike. I will put in a message to HMD to see how these two bars compare, and if they are comparable, I am about 45 minutes from you in Pittsfield, MA. We could easily meet up sometime in the spring so you could check them out.

Either way get in touch with me anytime you head out into MA for riding. I am always up for a ride around here as we have some great roads around here.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on putting the XR bars on my bike this winter. I believe the pullback and control portions of these bars are the same for each bike. I will put in a message to HMD to see how these two bars compare, and if they are comparable, I am about 45 minutes from you in Pittsfield, MA. We could easily meet up sometime in the spring so you could check them out.

Either way get in touch with me anytime you head out into MA for riding. I am always up for a ride around here as we have some great roads around here.
Good stuff, all around. Just this past Monday, my buddy and I took a ride along backroads in NY, north through Hoosic Falls, etc., over to Arlington, VT, lunch in Bennington, south to Williamstown, MA, and then back to NY via Rt 2/Petersburg Pass. This may be it for this year, but I'll check back with you when good riding days are back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would love to see them. My wrists are about crippled but I hate to spend another pile of money without knowing they will fix my problem. I'll spring for lunch or beer. I'm near Rome but will travel anywhere in N GA to see them.
No problem - sent you a PM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in Rochester, NY and I have those bars in black on my XC. I posted pictures of them on another thread here a while back. Your welcome to check them out if you ever get this far west of Albany(200 miles roughly). I LOVE them! Have them tilted up 2" higher than stock and they are nalso 2" wider than stock. I'm 6' tall and they fit me real fine. I was able to retain all stock cables and heated grip wires with no problem.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in Rochester, NY and I have those bars in black on my XC. I posted pictures of them on another thread here a while back. Your welcome to check them out if you ever get this far west of Albany(200 miles roughly). I LOVE them! Have them tilted up 2" higher than stock and they are nalso 2" wider than stock. I'm 6' tall and they fit me real fine. I was able to retain all stock cables and heated grip wires with no problem.
VIC11CC,

Thanks much for the offer, and the installation info. I will attempt to take you up on your offer, but this will take some coordination, and may have to wait until the spring. A 400-mile day doesn't bother me, though. And the nice thing about these Victorys is that they extend the riding season... what with all the heat the engine throws off.

Thanks again. I'll PM you next week - going away for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
NGARider was kind enough to meet me to see the HMD Pullback bars. Whilke thye are a big improvement on the Vic 2" pullbacks, they were'nt relaxed quite enough for my aging wrists.
He also let me take it for a spin to see the effect of the cams he had Kevinx install. Very nice indeed.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife Nancy. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
520 Posts
Love my HMD pullbacks, much better than stock on long rides. Stock cables work fine, just have to drill 2 holes for the heated grip screws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts