Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess my membership wont allow me to post anywhere else but here, So Im done snoopin around........maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
It's a rule I've never seen on another forum for sure. The Admin should really consider removing it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well I guess my membership wont allow me to post anywhere else but here, So Im done snoopin around........maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime.
Ed,
You have to make 5 posts before you can post to all threads. You have 3, a couple more and you're golden. Its an anti spam rule...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going to ask anyway

Since I cant post anywhere else im asking here.....
with reguard to the Kingpin and High ball.......Are there any owners who are in the 6'5" range?? Hows the leg room and overall comfort of the 2?

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
I disagree, several weeks ago i saw all kinda spam/bot posts all over this forum. Now its all gone ;)
I've reported two since I've been here so it doesn't work. They just post here.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ed,
Assuming you are from Utah as your user ID shows you need to get to Tri-City (Centerville or Springville) and try on a couple of bikes. I'm a few inches shorter than you but that really means nothing as people of the same height usually have different leg/torso/arm lengths. Along with that people will have different opinions of how bikes feel and/or fit.

I have a friend that rides a Road king that he says is comfortable and fits him well. He's about 6'4" and 240 lbs; I'm almost 6'2" and 210 lbs and feel completely cramped on the bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that Ammo. Since im waiting to see some things fall into place for me, Im simply doing research and question asking. If I go to a dealer before these things fall into place, I would become rather rude and impatient to those around me......hahahaha.
(I still want the wife sitting behinde me)
Most of my height is above the waste, I have long arms and my gurth has never matched well with my inseam (34"), so growing up and finding cloths that fit right was always a little chore.

Again thanks for your input...cheers

I just noticed your in Utah as well.........Im down in the Saint George area, perhaps we will cross paths one day

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Regarding the 5 post rule, just for the record, I'm down to banning a user every other day, from banning 5 or more users daily. And since I'm not here all the time, you all have to swim through spam that's spread on the whole forum 'till it gets removed.

Sure it's an inconvenience to get 5 posts in, but it's a small price to pay to have a forum you can enjoy instead of stumbling over spam everywhere you turn. I, for one, hate spam and am happy to live without it.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I'm just 5' 10" and I ride a Cross Country. Love the room that the floor boards give me. Added highway pegs that mounts to the bottom of the boards. Gives my a million different ways to move my feet during long rides.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wecome to the forum Ed, Hope you find the ride your lookin for and comfort that a taller rider needs. I ride an older TC that fits a 6 foot 200 lb. like me well. the footboards help me too adjust and move on it to be more comfortable. any way welcome to the forum. Thanks Crossroads for taking the time on the forum to keep the spammers off . It must take alot of your time. keep the shiny side up. thumb up Later

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ed
I'm a few hours north of you in Clearfield and hope to get several southern trips in next spring. If your plans include long rides with a passenger I think you should give the Cross bikes a chance. This option gives more seat room, storage and suspension. But you've really got to get some test rides to see for yourself.

Don't worry about ticking off the dealer. Most Victory dealers know that they can't sell these bikes as the bikes do a very good job of selling themselves. Victory is actually very good about demo rides and they encourage potential owners to ride as long as the need (within reason).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was happy to see a Victory dealer open here in town. I need to try and research who the owners are, and hope its not some of the past owners of the dealer across the street.
I get the impression they dont have alot on hand but I will get a visit in when the weather gets a bit warmer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I snoop around here alittle cause I love the High Ball so not on here much but Victory now has the Hard Ball coming out ill guess I will be on here more now! Wounder myself why I couldn't post stuff myself...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really should go and read the rules again cause I am a member on another forum site for Triumphs and guess they don't like me so much :( something about they need to proof read my posts before posting!! Who knew telling guys how you really felt would make the Triumph owners ALL moody :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since I cant post anywhere else im asking here.....
with reguard to the Kingpin and High ball.......Are there any owners who are in the 6'5" range?? Hows the leg room and overall comfort of the 2?
Ed,

I'm about 6'4". I mounted a tractor seat on mine. It took some work, but it moved me up 4" and back about 2". The stock seat was pretty cramped. PM me and I'll send you some detailed pics. I love the tech stuff, but I'm just too lazy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts