Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a brand new 2014 White XC and over the last week or so have been reading everything I can on here. Anyway I'm sure the answer to my question is yes but I will ask anyway.

Will doing the hole-saw mod on my exhaust void the warranty?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Not on warranty, but what sound are you looking for? I did this to mine and it was no where near what i wanted, i ended up doing the thrush mod and am very happy with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
ya, I started with that too and wasn't happy with it. Did the Thrush mod and liked that but I'm a crappy welder and I started getting leaks where they shouldn't be so, scrapped that and now have a set of D&Ds ... now these I like but, they are loud when you get on it (at least in my ears).

I still have another set of stock muffs so may just hone my welding skills and tackle the thrush mod again. ya, I prefer the DIY method even if I mess up ... after all, that's how ya learn, right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I did ithe mod and I am quite pleased with it so it is obviously highly subjective. You will have to try it and see or find someone who has and listen to their bike. I like the sound and can still appreciate my sound system.

Andy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I've heard a couple variations of the holes saw/ pound a rod through the baffles mods. Neither sound too hot to me. I did the thrush mod on mine and my buddies bike. We both have had compliments on them. As stated already though, you do need a welder to do the thrush pipes

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I like the sound and can still appreciate my sound system.

Andy
ya, once I got past the "punched hole" mod, my sound system began to get all kinds of static and weird "thump thump" sounds... hate it now!

:ltr: :crzy: :ltr: ;) (just messin with ya)

Actually, I don't listen to tunes a lot but when I do, I just have to crank the volume higher.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Mine rarely goes up to 10 for volume. generally its at 7-8.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Yes it can possibly void your warranty plus it is against federal law to tamper with the exhaust system. Now that is out of the way just get some WD baffled, Big Honkers, D&D's, etc.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it can possibly void your warranty plus it is against federal law to tamper with the exhaust system. Now that is out of the way just get some WD baffled, Big Honkers, D&D's, etc.[/QUOTE

Based on the videos I've heard the sound from the "hole-saw" mod is definitely not what I'm after. Just a short term solution. When I had my VTX1300 and drilled them it was an improvement but after about 4 months I put a set of BUBS JUG HUGGERS on.

From the videos I've listened to I really like the sound of the Atom Bomb

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
If you can cut and weld do the thrush mod less then half the cost of the bombs and the same sound

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can cut and weld do the thrush mod less then half the cost of the bombs and the same sound

I will definitely research that. I can't cut and weld but I can take it to work and have my guys do it there.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Do some searching there are a few really good writups out there that have good step by step pics and all.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Spark I have a set of dealer modified pipes that I just took off my bike. Check out this sound clip from Rollin Fast Cycles. I have them for sale and you can keep yours for warranty purposes. They take about 30 minutes to swap out. Looking to get $100 and you pay for shipping. Let me know if your interested.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spark I have a set of dealer modified pipes that I just took off my bike. Check out this sound clip from Rollin Fast Cycles. I have them for sale and you can keep yours for warranty purposes. They take about 30 minutes to swap out. Looking to get $100 and you pay for shipping. Let me know if your interested.

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a link to the sound clip.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
304 stainless mufflers

do not have a bagger but know what thrush mufflers are, there are lots of similar in 304 stainless-last forever-never rust, that would do. most are straight thru lo restriction, $119 ea 3.5 or 4 inch dia @ stainless Specialties. had a pair on my 56 chevy over 10 years the rest of the pipes were replaced three times, mufflers still good when i sold the car!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts