Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2011 Jackpot, I see two slanted holes - 5/8" diameter in the top of the frame forks. Have to look under the front of the frame where the handlebars bolt on to see them. Could nto see them before due to the stock air box. I know the fork pipes were probably hollow, but these holes would collect dirt and water and eventually rust the frame forks out from the inside. I made up some wooden plugs which I will insert with silicone for sealant, then paint them to match the frame.

What does the team think ? Why are they left open ?

Later

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Remember "Easy Rider" Capt America put all that dope in the gas tank, well his long lost cousin works at Polaris and he thought........................

Well that's as good as any other guess

What did I win!!!!

(P.S. What the Sam H are you doing to that bike?? inquiring minds want a answer to this project!)

A proud 2011 JP owner

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Just to play with ya head... those holes might be better open to let the area breath and therefore dry out!!

Coat the inside of the tubes with Techtyl 506 or similar then seal up?

Mags

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Some builders use the tubes for a oil reservoir. Hollow tubes have to breath if not trapped water will rust it out. Pvc pipe under ground, even though it is sealed fills up with water. Condensation of metal going from cold to hot draws moisture. That is why I think these frame tubes are open..You could fill it with expandable foam....:crzy:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"What the Sam H are you doing to that bike?? inquiring minds want a answer to this project!"

The answer to that is coming soon....and it may be an eye-opener !!:ltr:

Later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts