Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently found myself with a rear flat tire on my 2013 XCT as a result of a puncture by a large bolt. I can't imagine how it even got into a position in which to do so unless my front tire kicked it up just right. The first photo shows how much of the bolt was showing on the tire when I first saw it. The leak was slow though and was not an explosive puncture like you might assume...but that amazes me considering the size of this thing! I was even able to ride the bike home before I realized what was going on and it lost all of its air. The tire was the OEM Dunlop Elite 3.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Wow , that is amazing it even punctured through your tire , looks pretty blunt .

·
Registered
608 Posts
I recently found myself with a rear flat tire on my 2013 XCT as a result of a puncture by a large bolt. I can't imagine how it even got into a position in which to do so unless my front tire kicked it up just right. The first photo shows how much of the bolt was showing on the tire when I first saw it. The leak was slow though and was not an explosive puncture like you might assume...but that amazes me considering the size of this thing! I was even able to ride the bike home before I realized what was going on and it lost all of its air. The tire was the OEM Dunlop Elite 3.
How many miles on the tire....
Damn bolt cost you some money

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many miles on the tire....
Damn bolt cost you some money
I had 9800 miles on the tire....still the original from when I purchased the bike. It was nearing its life expectancy but still had some good tread left. I guess better now than in the middle of riding season 2500 miles from home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts