Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting concept.

Not something I would get for myself .... I tend to have "happy feet" and like to reposition my feet a lot, but I could definitely see the benefits for most riders.

Mike

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Yeah. Saw that on the Cyril Huze blog this morning. Watched the video and checked out the price ($250ish) and thought; not something that interests me personally. I would rather use a heel/toe shift than that but to each their own.

I do wish them well because I'm sure there is at least 1% of the riding population that would really like to have that setup.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Gizmos and gadgets.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
There's making a problem where there is none.
I suppose in racing where 10th of seconds count a gadget like this might have a place...but on a road bike :confused: and its ugly.

·
13,318 Posts
flat track racers have use that for 30 or more years

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
An answer to a question nobody asked.

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
There's making a problem where there is none..
Yes just imagine a panic break ??

And i just read 1 forum member who dropped his bike coz his shoelace got stuck in the shifter, well mate now there is a double chance to get caught by a double shiftpeg in your shoelace or pants

Totally respect the invention though ... Just not for my bike .

·
Registered
611 Posts
I suppose in racing where 10th of seconds count a gadget like this might have a place...but on a road bike :confused: and its ugly.
I can't see any racing application where this is useful. Road racing it creates a ground clearance issue because of the lower peg being too far down. Drag racing it's unnecessary because you're only shifting up. For a lazy street rider I can see it having a place but not for 250 bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting concept.

Not something I would get for myself .... I tend to have "happy feet" and like to reposition my feet a lot, but I could definitely see the benefits for most riders.

Mike
Hey Mike,

A lot of people tend to think that Holy Shift would limit your "Happy Feet" zone of comfort . . . It is quite the opposite!

Think about how we ride always sticking our foot outwards to avoid the shift peg . . . With Holy Shift you clean the comfort zone free and have the pegs out of the way, but positioned just right for when you need them.

Your feet actually get quite happier! hehehe:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gizmos and gadgets.
Hello vindex . . .

While I respect your opinion, here is a thought:

How many new things were considered mere gizmos and gadgets until people started to experience it and saw their benefits? I was one of the guys that used to say "I just want my phone to make a call!" . . . today my phone does a lot for me.

Naturally there will be always people who will not like it - no product has ever captured a totality of the population . . . even beer is not unanimous! hehehe cheers

But just to make my point, there is a ton of engineering behind Holy Shift. Because the idea is simple doesn't mean is irrelevant.

Either way, peace, my brother! Ride safe!

·
Registered
28 Posts
seems possible that if you had to react in an emergency you may not be able to get your foot out fast enough
hey destonof . . .

Thanks for raising the topic . . . give me a chance to explain.

This was the very first area of study for me. Even on a mere traffic light stop with a slight change in balance, when you have to quickly put your foot down . . . Just dropping the bike like this could render a broken leg.

It is imperative that you would be able to NEVER be trapped on it, and that is how it really is.

The combination of the size of the pegs, the roller pegs mounted on bearings, and the uncanny range of adjustment makes it impossible for you to have your foot trapped.

Also, because you adjust Holy Shift around your natural comfortable position for your foot, going in and out of it is just natural as brushing your teeth - you don't even think about it, you just do it!

Keep in mind that at 2 1/2" length of the pegs, it does't even extend to half of and average size foot width.

Peace, brother!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes just imagine a panic break ??

And i just read 1 forum member who dropped his bike coz his shoelace got stuck in the shifter, well mate now there is a double chance to get caught by a double shiftpeg in your shoelace or pants

Totally respect the invention though ... Just not for my bike .
Hey PaiN, improvement does not necessary has to come from a problem. Just a thought! But I respect your opinion! Peace!

Hey BP6666VR,

Thank you for participating!

Holy Shift reduces your reaction time significantly. It actually can get you out of a tight spot. Imagine an emergency break . . . You are upshifting, picking up speed and some cager throws his car in front of you . . . Your foot is under the shifter . . . Now you have to put it on top of it to downshift quickly while braking . . . and immediately after that, you have to pick up speed again to reach your escape route . . .

See my point? As for the shoelaces . . . they can get caught in so many things on the bike, brother . . .

Also, keep in mind that our roller pegs are mounted on bearings, which makes it less likely that shoelaces would get caught on them.

Either way, thank you for the respect, and I send my respect back to you!

Peace, and Ride Safe!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't see any racing application where this is useful. Road racing it creates a ground clearance issue because of the lower peg being too far down. Drag racing it's unnecessary because you're only shifting up. For a lazy street rider I can see it having a place but not for 250 bucks.
Hey soofle . . . Thanks for raising the question! I appreciate the opportunity to further explain Holy Shift . . .

We have conducted several studies on clearance . . . Attached is one with an R1 at a 64º MotoGP angle.

The dimensions and placement combined with the adjustment not only improve the efficiency of shifting as they improve the clearance issues by not requiring the rider's foot to be under the shifter coming out of a corner to pick up speed . . . Obviously exception for reversed shift patterns, which in this case it simply enhances the shifting time and precision.

The integration with the bike is really deep on supersport bikes with Holy Shift. We are actually getting quite some attention from racers and as soon as the season starts, you will see our videos on the tracks with them.

Also, contrary to the thinking of laziness, Holy Shift is primarily about performance! You shift faster, and the connection with the riding experience is truly incredible! You have to try to understand!

Washing down the experience of riding this machine we all love would be a crime that we do not want to perpetrate!

As for the price, don't let the simplicity of the idea fool you. There is a lot of engineering behind it and this is machined to precision, in the USA, with LIFETIME WARRANTY . . . You don't get that from China cr*p from ebay, right?

Peace, brother!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just want to invite you all to bring more questions in.

It really gives me the opportunity to share all about Holy Shift.

Just like you guys, I am crazy about riding! I am even moving down South this year so I can ride year round!

I designed Holy Shift to improve all we love about riding. I am not some guy behind a desk with a list of pre-made answers to follow.

I am here to participate in the forum, not only on this thread but in general, learning from you guys and contributing with anything I may have to offer!

And maybe this introduction should have been made before my comments . . . My bad!

But above all, I am here to participate, to make friends, to lend a hand and learn some!

Thank you for having me in your forum!

Peace to all and Ride Safe!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Not a good concept. Just like you should not rest your hand on a stick shift because you put preload on synchronizer. I would think that just a slight pressure on the foot peg in teh wrong direction would put undo pressure on the trans in some way. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey OkieHoss ...

Thank you for the opportunity to address one more topic!

At 12 oz for the cruiser model and 2.5 oz for the sport model, Holy Shift is barely "felt" by the shifting mechanism. Not to mention you will deduct from this weight the weight of the peg itself that it replaces.
Many aftermarket pegs out there are heavier than that!
The shifter assembly is designed to endure even hard shifting with the weight and pressure of a whole leg!
It is quiet different than the manual shifter of a car.
Also because the pegs are actually "out of the way" as opposed to the traditional shifter peg that forces us to ride with our foot sticking out to avoid it, Holy Shift actually prevents unintentional shifting rather than causing it!

Thanks for the comment!

Peace and ride safe!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Had a big long thing written out that (politely) ripped your product apart. Decided to leave it alone.

It's not for me (or apparently most people on this forum) but i hope you have success with your product.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a big long thing written out that (politely) ripped your product apart. Decided to leave it alone.

It's not for me (or apparently most people on this forum) but i hope you have success with your product.
Soofle . . .

First I thank you for taking this route. It really would not be fair to do so without experiencing the product.

I am not here to convert sales one by one or to win an argument. I also know that no product has ever "won" everyone.

When I started this I knew there would be a long way ahead of me in terms of explaining and describing the product due to its nature. Innovations are like this. They require user experience that lead to testimonials, etc.

Just like with any product, until you try, everything is in the realm of perception. Sometimes the perception is good and the experience is bad, sometimes the other way around, other times they match.

That is what I am here for: to do my due diligence of presenting honest facts behind the product, to share the experience we had so far with people who tried etc.

I do not respond to everything that is written about the product. I only respond to folks that I believe first, are not coming from hate, and second that have a negative perception of the product that does not represent the actual experience of most people that tried it. For instance, if someone says "it's ugly" there is nothing to comment about! The person does not like it, period! And I respect that!

People's opinions are important to me. We have learned through criticism during the several prototypes developed, and the criticism is what made Holy Shift great (it really is).

If I could go around showing it in person to everyone, I would! The result has been way above my most optimistic expectations. On the other hand, the "perception" of the product has been a bit harder than I imagined.

So, don't get me wrong. I value your opinion. But what I would love to see would be all your opinions after trying it! Unfortunately that is not exactly possible right away.

Some of the biggest opposers to Holy Shift were found in our own quarters! We had some of the motor heads and racers within the manufacturing facility simply say that it was stupid or something else ... They had all the same questioning that you guys brought up here. Then they tried, and now they are the biggest enthusiasts.

So, what I say is give me the benefit of the doubt ... consider that I am a very straightforward guy, with deep principles and honest. I would never lie to anyone just to get people to buy something and hate it after.

Soon enough, you will be able to hear from someone you know or respect about their own experience with Holy Shift. Hopefully sooner than later, you will be able to see and try it.

And while I know and respect that it is not for you, at least you will know that there is true value in it.

Thank you again for taking this route and for the best wishes!

Peace!!! cheers

P.S. are you anywhere near NE PA?

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts