Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
mr. groove. Thanks for taking the time to come on the forum to explain things from your perspective. It is much appreciated. :)

I can fully understand where you are coming from when talking about going from an idea, to paper, to prototypes, then making the big leap into production of a product.

Right now I'm in the prototype phase of developing a low back brace that fits on to a belt. I made it for myself one day after coming up with the idea and found I liked it so much that maybe others with low back problem history might like it too. It feels especially good when I lean up against the backrest on my bike. It also feels like armor to protect that weak/sensitive spot where the doctors stabbed me 3 or 4 times to do the 3 surgeries.

But that is for all for another thread to discuss. I wish you well with your product and others you will come up with in the future. It's the American way!

·
Registered
28 Posts
mr. groove. Thanks for taking the time to come on the forum to explain things from your perspective. It is much appreciated. :)

I can fully understand where you are coming from when talking about going from an idea, to paper, to prototypes, then making the big leap into production of a product.

Right now I'm in the prototype phase of developing a low back brace that fits on to a belt. I made it for myself one day after coming up with the idea and found I liked it so much that maybe others with low back problem history might like it too. It feels especially good when I lean up against the backrest on my bike. It also feels like armor to protect that weak/sensitive spot where the doctors stabbed me 3 or 4 times to do the 3 surgeries.

But that is for all for another thread to discuss. I wish you well with your product and others you will come up with in the future. It's the American way!
BBob . . .

Much appreciated, brother!

I am happy to have the opportunity to be here in first place and to be able to interact and discuss!

I myself have lower back problems, and you got me very curious about your idea/product . . . I would love to hear more about it! Since I was 16 I had sciatica issues . . . Lots of management there!

I wish you too great success, man! You are right: this is the American Way!!!

Cheers! cheers

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Yes just imagine a panic break ??

And i just read 1 forum member who dropped his bike coz his shoelace got stuck in the shifter, well mate now there is a double chance to get caught by a double shiftpeg in your shoelace or pants

Totally respect the invention though ... Just not for my bike .
shoelaces on a motorcycle:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
As you say, it's not for me and I appreciate you not trying to "sell" me on it.

I'm in central ct so while I wouldn't say I'm FAR from NE PA, I'm not exactly close.
I am glad we understand one another! Nothing is worth bad blood, brother! Riders above all!

Yes, we are not exactly close. Maybe one day we will bump into each other on some bike event!

Peace!cheers

·
Banned
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mr. Groove,

You seem to have done all your R & D..on the Holy Shift.

Regardless of anyone's opinions...you came on this forum and answered everyone's questions and concerns in a respectful, informative and educated manor.

We have had several other vendors / manufactures take a defensive posture when answering questions.

I think its a cool product and once I put my bike back together will be giving you a call.

Good luck in the future....thumb up

·
Registered
347 Posts
shoelaces on a motorcycle:rolleyes:
They were mine and they were bootlaces .. I swear.. SWAT Bootlaces!! :D

Yup, a man learns quick to secure those puppies.. What's that saying when it comes to motorcycles.. "What doesn't kill you makes you smarter.." thumb up

Oh.. And.. My new boots have buckles thumb up

As for the gizmo, Mr.Groove? ...It's not for me.. But, best of luck with that. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying it, always open to better ways of doing things,
thats just another reason I ride a Victory:)
Ran through the buying links on the website to get an idea of total cost to Australia in Aussie dollars.
When I entered 'Australia' I got this come up...

Please specify shipping location below to calculate your shipping costs

Sorry, online ordering is unavailable to this destination and/or weight. Please double check your destination details.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i can see this on a rocket easy, and maybe even the steel frame bikes. the big XC, not so much. of course i usually get a little.....overzealous in the twisties on a crotch rocket.

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
i can see this on a rocket easy, and maybe even the steel frame bikes. the big XC, not so much. of course i usually get a little.....overzealous in the twisties on a crotch rocket.
Not saying it's a hard and fast rule or anything but I would think any bike with floorboards would best be served by a heel-toe shifter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mr. Groove,

You seem to have done all your R & D..on the Holy Shift.

Regardless of anyone's opinions...you came on this forum and answered everyone's questions and concerns in a respectful, informative and educated manor.

We have had several other vendors / manufactures take a defensive posture when answering questions.

I think its a cool product and once I put my bike back together will be giving you a call.

Good luck in the future....thumb up
Thank you for your kindness and support! Much appreciated!
I hope to participate in the forum beyond Holy Shift, share my experiences and learn from other as well, while making new friends!

Peace, brother!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
They were mine and they were bootlaces .. I swear.. SWAT Bootlaces!! :D

Yup, a man learns quick to secure those puppies.. What's that saying when it comes to motorcycles.. "What doesn't kill you makes you smarter.." thumb up

Oh.. And.. My new boots have buckles thumb up

As for the gizmo, Mr.Groove? ...It's not for me.. But, best of luck with that. cheers
Mark-B . . . Man, I hope you recovered quickly! Not something any of us want to experience, for sure!

Peace and ride safe ... or should I say "buckle up"??

Cheers!cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying it, always open to better ways of doing things,
thats just another reason I ride a Victory:)
Ran through the buying links on the website to get an idea of total cost to Australia in Aussie dollars.
When I entered 'Australia' I got this come up...

Please specify shipping location below to calculate your shipping costs

Sorry, online ordering is unavailable to this destination and/or weight. Please double check your destination details.
Hey Motorbikerx . . . Here is another bit of truth: While the product is really great, our website at this moment absolutely sucks!!!

We are having it fixed this week . . . All content revised, especially the shopping area! The site is really embarrassing!

But there is another alternative, which I waited for the right time to offer: We have a forum members ordering system that gives you a discount on the regular price . . .

All the info is here:

http://www.justfranco.com/japan/005/Holy%20Shift%20-%20Regular%20Forum%20Price%20List.pdf

I appreciate your support and I am always happy to take care of any forum mate!

BTW yes, we do ship to Australia. Stupid site! :ptr:

Peace, brother!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not saying it's a hard and fast rule or anything but I would think any bike with floorboards would best be served by a heel-toe shifter.
HowardG ... Since I am not very familiar with all the Victory models, it seems to me like the XC has long floorboards . . . So not a good option for that bike. The sport model is just pretty awesome on a crotch rocket!

Here is a picture of it . . . roller peg on top, foldable on bottom, same range of adjustment. It weights a ridiculous 2.4 oz (65 grams)!!!

BBob . . . You are correct for the most part . . . Until before Daytona, we believed that Floorboards were a "no go" for us . . . Then one guy really wanted it, so we gave it a try. To our surprise, with his floorboards worked great, but it is not the case for all.
What we learned is that if the floorboard extends beyond the peg, Holy Shift is not a good match. If instead it ends before the traveling of the peg, then it "could" be an option.

We are going to offer an option which is a small floorboard with a selectable range of articulation (including a standard fixed position), that will complement Holy Shift greatly!

Other than that, the option for all floorboard users is to upgrade their toe peg to one of our Revolution pegs, with the rollers - they make shifting smoother and preserve your shoes (if you do care about that).

I attached pictures of the floorboard install on a HD. In this case, the result was great: with a little slide into Holy Shift you are ready to shift quickly etc. Another slide out, and you are back on the floorboard.

Cheers, guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
Looks like a nice setup that gives multiple options. I like options. :)

One thing you may not know about the 2011 and newer Vic's is they have a neutral assist that only allows the bike to go into neutral from first when stopped.

On most bikes a person would use the toe shift to find neutral rather the heel shift. Most folks just have a better feel for it with the toe shift.

I'm speaking strictly about bikes with floorboards in this context.

·
Premium Member
9,234 Posts
Hey Motorbikerx . . . Here is another bit of truth: While the product is really great, our website at this moment absolutely sucks!!!

We are having it fixed this week . . . All content revised, especially the shopping area! The site is really embarrassing!

But there is another alternative, which I waited for the right time to offer: We have a forum members ordering system that gives you a discount on the regular price . . .

All the info is here:

http://www.justfranco.com/japan/005/Holy%20Shift%20-%20Regular%20Forum%20Price%20List.pdf

I appreciate your support and I am always happy to take care of any forum mate!

BTW yes, we do ship to Australia. Stupid site! :ptr:

Peace, brother!!
Well I thought your website pretty cool,
Discount is great, I've secured something similar for forum members on Burleigh Bars $100 Aust. off .
notice you spell brake like VJ does as in break an egg not hit the brake hard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like a nice setup that gives multiple options. I like options. :)

One thing you may not know about the 2011 and newer Vic's is they have a neutral assist that only allows the bike to go into neutral from first when stopped.

On most bikes a person would use the toe shift to find neutral rather the heel shift. Most folks just have a better feel for it with the toe shift.

I'm speaking strictly about bikes with floorboards in this context.
It was a surprise for us . . . a good one!

I did not know that . . . I had something similar (I guess) on a Kawi Vulcan 500, in which when the bike was stopped, you could not engage second gear directly from first . . . it stopped on neutral. Is that how the Vic's are?

I really enjoyed that feature . . . Should be standard for all bikes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I thought your website pretty cool,
Discount is great, I've secured something similar for forum members on Burleigh Bars $100 Aust. off .
notice you spell brake like VJ does as in break an egg not hit the brake hard.
You are right . . . the website is cool. It is just that I am frustrated with the shopping area now, but once it's fixed, I'll be happy! hehehe

Thank you for pointing out the misspelling ... it is also on the list of corrections - we don;t want to "break" anyone's bike, right?! :ltr:

Somehow I keep misspelling the word . . . I wonder how long it will take for me to stop! hehehehe

Peace, brother!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep. That's how it works. The downside is if the battery gets drained down; push starting it is out of the question because you can't get it into 3rd and 1st is too low.
Yup . . . never thought about that . . . I can't say for sure, but I think on my Kawi you could continue to move up, it just had to be done in two steps . . . I guess I will never know now cuz she's long gone!:):)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts