Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
alright well to protect the brand new Dr. Martins, probably order a roller peg next week. glad you showed up man

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
mr. groove,

Interesting concept. Getting use to floor board/heel-toe shifter after 15 years of pegs took some adjustment so I can imagine your shifter might require a little getting use to as well. I like your modified bicycle wheel quick release adjustment feature. Thinking a little outside of the box. Appreciate your participation here and wish you well on your venture.cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
mr. groove,

Interesting concept. Getting use to floor board/heel-toe shifter after 15 years of pegs took some adjustment so I can imagine your shifter might require a little getting use to as well. I like your modified bicycle wheel quick release adjustment feature. Thinking a little outside of the box. Appreciate your participation here and wish you well on your venture.cheers
Thank you brother!

The adaptation curve seems minimal, but one visitor to our booth at Daytona offered a really interesting thought . . .

He said something like this:

"When you feel the peg under your foot, your brain says 'I am ready to push down' ... When you feel the peg on top of your foot, your brain says 'I'm ready to push up'"

That is when I realized why it is so easy to get used to it. Because we are really not introducing a new movement, but just eliminating one in between 2 movements! This is actually going to be in our next update of our site.

Now moving from Heel/Toe, that is a different story - I would think it would take a little bit more for those who really use the heel by default.

Thanks again, brother!

Peace!! cheers

·
Registered
611 Posts
Having just watched the video in your sig i have a couple new comments. first, though i still think it looks stupid on a sportbike, the cruiser you show with it installed doesn't look bad at all. Probably because i'm just used to big cruisers having all sorts of bolted on chrome it seems much more fitting there.
Second, i had originally assumed that the top and bottom sliding pieces were identical with one simply being flipped over to mate with the other. Now that i've taken a closer look i see thats not the case. While I still think the price is high for the thing, it's more reasonable given the parts count.
I'm also fairly impressed with the quick release adjustment that you've fitted, i didn't see that earlier and it's a nice feature. However, it does create a (minor) problem in that anyone who has say two pairs of boots that they switch between is going to have the classic two drivers for one car problem where the adjustment is just never quite right after a switch. A quick fix for this that shouldn't introduce much more cost to your manufacturing process would be a "ruler" cut into one or both pieces. Small lines cut in with even spacing, and ideally a longer line added every 4-5 smaller lines would provide a reference for adjustment much like adjusting a chain against swingarm marks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having just watched the video in your sig i have a couple new comments. first, though i still think it looks stupid on a sportbike, the cruiser you show with it installed doesn't look bad at all. Probably because i'm just used to big cruisers having all sorts of bolted on chrome it seems much more fitting there.
Second, i had originally assumed that the top and bottom sliding pieces were identical with one simply being flipped over to mate with the other. Now that i've taken a closer look i see thats not the case. While I still think the price is high for the thing, it's more reasonable given the parts count.
I'm also fairly impressed with the quick release adjustment that you've fitted, i didn't see that earlier and it's a nice feature. However, it does create a (minor) problem in that anyone who has say two pairs of boots that they switch between is going to have the classic two drivers for one car problem where the adjustment is just never quite right after a switch. A quick fix for this that shouldn't introduce much more cost to your manufacturing process would be a "ruler" cut into one or both pieces. Small lines cut in with even spacing, and ideally a longer line added every 4-5 smaller lines would provide a reference for adjustment much like adjusting a chain against swingarm marks.
Hey, brother . . . First I appreciate you having the curiosity to look more into it.

You are correct about the adjustment ruler . . . We are actually about to implement that feature, so like you said, you can get a reference of your previous position. We in the dev group didn't think much of it when it was first mentioned at the early stages, but We learn along the way!

I guess the biggest thing about the price is that we are so flooded with Asian imports from sweat shops that we are used to things costing little. Trust me when I say that we are putting the price at the most reasonable bottom. It is not easy when you take the challenge to manufacture here in the US!

I believe that with time, as production scales up, we will be able to re-evaluate the price point. But one thing is for sure: all that is done on this is the best quality you can get. From the chrome plating to the anodize, etc. That is the only way to be able to offer a lifetime warranty on it.

The sport bike one . . . hehehehe I am very happy we are talking about it on a lighter note! :)
If you knew me, you would know that I am the kind of guy who loves a good laugh, even at my own expense!

This is what happens . . . When I hear the comments, I learn where I failed to present the product at its best. For instance, the camera angle of the action camera mounted on the R1 was not good! It looks like the foot is all the way pointing down and that is not a good impression. A side shot would reveal how perfect the position is. We have two guys in the factory who are racers. One actually races Pro SuperMoto. They were both adamant against it! It almost cost me the ability to actually produce it! I believed so much in it that I went out and bought a damn R1 to develop the thing!!!

Log story short (I guess that ship has sailed already - too long!) . . . They only tried it because they had to! If they could, they wouldn't! All they thought was going to be wrong with it was not. But again, nothing beats the actual trial.

Again, we don't expect everyone to like it. And we totally respect it. The criticism is well received, and I tell you, we will keep making it better as we go along!

Just for curiosity, check this side view of the R1 ... Here you can see how the position of the foot is the same it would be without Holy Shift, except that you don't have to go under the peg to shift up.

Also, I don't know if it was noticeable on the video, but the sport model is tiny, compared to the cruiser one. It also has a foldable bottom peg and it weights 2.24 oz only!

I'm attaching a picture of it with the others so you can have a base for comparison . . . Look at the baby one on the right! Anyway, thanks for the new comments, brother!

I really appreciate where we stand! Cheers! cheers

Attachments

41 - 47 of 47 Posts