Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had some time to build my new torque tube style intake. Decided that I wanted something more secure than the modified stock box style and went this route.

Not sure I saved any $$$ when I figure in the time, but can say 100% built, not bought.:devil

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
super cool .... love the looks mate

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
excellent job

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
That's skill and talent.. thumb up

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent work! I think Vindex did something similar on his 04 Vegas.
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Vindex did & I followed his idea and built one out of my stock box. It worked great, but I wanted something stronger than the plastic. Had some scrap 1/4" plate, ordered a 1 3/4" mandrel U bend, 1 1/2" sch 40 pipe coupler and went to work. Cost of materials (minus Filters) was less than $40. I can tell you that there isn't a lot of room in there to fit the pipes and can see why intakes cost what they do! Was still a frustrating and fun project. Hope it warms up here so I can go for a test ride....

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
FANTASTIC JOB!....a real credit to you!

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
Very impressive puts mine to shame...

·
13,003 Posts
MLR1

where did you get the air filter socks. Believe it or not you will get better air to the motor with them.
Nice looking job

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
How do you figure that VJ?

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
I would like the filter socks very much .... Even ordered them and wrong size .... TT filters size of socks .....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MLR1

where did you get the air filter socks. Believe it or not you will get better air to the motor with them.
Nice looking job
Picked them up on EBay. Used the K&N filter part number to find the pre filters. Outerwears has them for just about any size also.

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Yup I got outerwear ... Wrong size though ..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you ever get a tune on this with some dyno time?
Not yet, but will be soon. I did this while the bike was in storage and just pulled it out last night. I also installed a PC III at the same time. Hope to get it done by the end of the month. Wish I had a base line dyno, but purchased the bike with pipes and a download. Will put up the results when I have them.

·
13,003 Posts
years back when I had Harleys I ran a velocity stack. A good friend that built motors was flowing my heads and he ask what air filter I was running. I brought it in so who could see what kind of air flow it had. He did some fooling around with it and found it flowed air real good. Gave the air a ram effect.
He said it had a lot of turbulence but work well. So for the heck of it he put the sock on and the turbulence went right a way. He recommended I run the sock and it would be best for in the rain too

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, I'm definitely interested. Do you have the part numbers for the filters you used?
K&N filter # SN-2510 & SN-2520

1 - 20 of 78 Posts