Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I was a long time Honda rider but since they have decided they no longer want to make a big cruiser (I don't consider Goldwing and F6B cruisers) I have traded in my VTX on a beautiful 2014 Cross Country. All stock and just waiting to be modified ! Looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hondaperfect.

Yes remember these bikes are very good usually, but not Hondaperfect. I have owned a few Hondas over the years and yes they are usually great bikes and pretty good, but they to are not always Hondaperfect. My last Honda was fast, dependable and required little maintence, but in the end it was for Honda boring, not being mean to those who love there Honda motorcycles, but personally I had to go for something different. Enjoy your new Victory. Oh and yes I would buy another Honda, maybe a dirt bike, but really I would like a KTM dirtbike for Christmas. Maybe next year Santa will be good to me. Merry Christmas now get out and ride.
:wink

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
What part of the world are you in that you can adopt a bike around Christmas time? See my sig for some of the more popular mods.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Welcome and Merry just past Christmas

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hi All,
I was a long time Honda rider but since they have decided they no longer want to make a big cruiser (I don't consider Goldwing and F6B cruisers) I have traded in my VTX on a beautiful 2014 Cross Country. All stock and just waiting to be modified ! Looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it.
Sounds familiar, I had 7 Honda's since I was 15 ( all street bikes ) and my last was VTX-1300. Man those bikes are bullet proof. Anyway like you I bought a new stock 2014 and have no regrets, now start the mods:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a chance to ride several days now and really love the bike.
Only have a couple of minor dislikes.
No helmet lock.......Really? unless I just cant find one!
Also, no fork lock. I know it's no guarantee of security but it doesn't hurt.

Other than that, so far it's great and I've gotten many compliments.

I also have a '79 shovelhead hard tail that my late brother built.

I would love to post pictures but guess I'm too new here to be able to post.
Also, I notice people have an item called "my garage" where they can post pics, but I can't seem to find that in my profile.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
No, no helmet lock. I have a trunk and I keep my helmet(s) in there.
No, no fork lock. I don't miss it.

·
12,968 Posts
dealer can do a steering lock that goes in your top triple tree its for international models. All so helmet lock.
Why would you want to steal a helmet and get head lice

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from N. Alabama. My thought on first upgrades are 1. A Lloyds timing wheel and 2. a 1/4 turn throttle ring. Both are easy to do and really improve throttle response and in the case of the wheel - POWER.

As far as the dealer support I strongly agree. I have tried to buy things from mine but sorta get tired of the ole "we can order it" routine. Granted, they can't have "everything" but common things like quick releases for helmets is a no brainer. They're great folks.....

Welcome and ride safe:wink

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful bike, with a name like Skydrol I'm sure we have more in common than Victory motorcycles. What airplanes(or hydraulic systems) you wrenching on?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DC10
MD11
MD80
Fokker F100

How about you ? :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts