Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I do not own a Victory yet but sure would hope to in the near future. A fellow member TOMMYARMOUR recently traded off his Hammer....That was a beautiful bike and I would have gone out of my way to pick it up but of course I was too late to that dance as usual and missed out.
I really like the style of the Jackpot and Hammer and hope to put one in my garage one day soon.

A couple questions I have first is how is the durability of the Victory bikes? I put a lot of miles on a bike (10-12k per year) and don't really want to worry about having to rebuild it too soon.
Also are there any known issues with them that I should look for when shopping?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Hiya and welcome from CT. If it's one thing Vic has going for them, it's engine durability. Many folks put on many miles with little or no issues.

I have almost 5000 on mine since May and I don't have any issues.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've worked on a few over the year but it was all maintenance or custom work. A friend of mine had one that had 40k+ miles on it with nothing but oil changes. It'd have more but that bike met with it's end in a collision.

People always laughed when I described Victory as "Harley style with Japanese reliability." But that's basically what they are in my head.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People always laughed when I described Victory as "Harley style with Japanese reliability." But that's basically what they are in my head.
That's good to know, I will have a hard time walking away from my Honda as I've never had any issues with any of the Hondas I have owned but I can't quit drooling over the Victory bikes ever since the started building them.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If you truly are Archaic , you might want to get one soon...:ltr:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ehhhh....I've got plenty of time, I will still be riding while I'm trying to shift with a kane,chewing on my dentures and adjusting my hip replacement.:D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ehhhh....I've got plenty of time, I will still be riding while I'm trying to shift with a kane,chewing on my dentures and adjusting my hip replacement.:D
You are to be commended... around these parts we call that ; Die-Hard !thumb up cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did the same thing, putting one off for a year or two. I kept waiting on price to drop on used models. Then the F6B came out which caught me off guard and I thought I had to have one of those.

Then debate, debate, anger, debate. Ultimately, the Victory was a happy medium. A little smaller engine than I wanted but very comfortable and stylish. I have no regrets.

Although they may have the worlds clunkiest transmission. You get used to it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's not a clunk from your transmission..... Its an audible shift indicator!:ltr:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ha, well it goes nice with my cute little gear indicator on the gauge. First bike I've even owned with a gear indicator other than neutral light. How Victory spoils you.......

Built in digital tach was nice during break in too. Handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts