Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I recently purchased a 2011 pearl white/ vogue silver Cross Country. I've had it for about a month after parting with my 06 Vegas. I was going around a curve at about 25, down shifted and was doing everything right (slow, look, press, and roll) when the car in front of me stopped suddenly halfway through the curve due to a tree trimmer. Long story short, I went down hard. I walked away from it but now I've got a broken fairing, scraped mirrors, bags, exhaust shield, torn seat, and crushed forged crash bars. Does anyone know where I can find the bags and fairing? I've checked ebay and can't find squat in that color. Are there sources other than Victory direct I'm over looking? I had planned to replace the windshield with a Flare anyway so I'm good there but those two tone parts are killing me. The fenders and tank are unscathed and I don't want to settle for straight pearl white. I love my bike and it kills me to see her like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures of the carnage. I got lucky but this is the "magic bullet" of crashes. Both bags are scaped to hell on the top, bottom, and sides along the hinges, the seat and license plate got hit along the top edge. only thing I can think of is the bike did a barrel roll before coming to a stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Glad you made it through that okay.. Other than spending big-bucks on OEM replacements.. Are there no tub repair guys in your neck of the woods? Those guys specialize in fixing cracks and patching holes in rigid plastics and fiberglass, to a point where a person can stand on the fix to take a shower.. Might be worth giving one a call at least as they may be able to seamlessly repair the damage, then it's just matching paint.

Got to be worth the cost of a call at least?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Just a wild guess.....fiberglass boat repair shops?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi. So I recently purchased a 2011 pearl white/ vogue silver Cross Country. I've had it for about a month after parting with my 06 Vegas. I was going around a curve at about 25, down shifted and was doing everything right (slow, look, press, and roll) when the car in front of me stopped suddenly halfway through the curve due to a tree trimmer. Long story short, I went down hard. I walked away from it but now I've got a broken fairing, scraped mirrors, bags, exhaust shield, torn seat, and crushed forged crash bars. Does anyone know where I can find the bags and fairing? I've checked ebay and can't find squat in that color. Are there sources other than Victory direct I'm over looking? I had planned to replace the windshield with a Flare anyway so I'm good there but those two tone parts are killing me. The fenders and tank are unscathed and I don't want to settle for straight pearl white. I love my bike and it kills me to see her like this.
First off, glad you walked away! If you can't find someone local to fix it, send it to me I will fix it for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have full coverage on the bike. I have a few modifications planned but since I live out in the boondocks in central Kansas now, I try to do my own wrenching and there are only a handful of painters in the immediate area. I'm not oposed to repairing the damage, but would prefer a bolt on repair I can do in conjunction with the mods. Hence why I'm trying to source repair parts.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Where about in Central Kansas? We have a big production chemical manufacturing facility in Sterling KS. I know one of our gals there has a husband that is an awesome painter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where about in Central Kansas? We have a big production chemical manufacturing facility in Sterling KS. I know one of our gals there has a husband that is an awesome painter.
TravisP, If your contact is good with paint, I'll look him up. I'm not too far from your neck of the woods, southwest of great bend. Does he have access to Victory OEM paint? I know witchdoctors sells it so it shouldn't be too hard to color match everything. What's his shop called?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am not sure what the name of his shop is... I live in Calgary Alberta. One of our manufacturing facilities is in Kansas. I will send her an email and get some details. I seen some of the HD products he painted and they where bad ass. He works out of his shop at home doing mostly custom stuff. A bunch of us sales guys did a tour down there last year and I noticed her bike in the parking lot because of the kick ass paint! I don't normally give a skirt ster a second glance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TravisP, you shouldn't say stuff like that. Now I'm thinking of doing something 'special' with that color scheme. I mean, if he's going to be painting it, why not, amiright?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have full coverage on the bike. I have a few modifications planned but since I live out in the boondocks in central Kansas now, I try to do my own wrenching and there are only a handful of painters in the immediate area. I'm not oposed to repairing the damage, but would prefer a bolt on repair I can do in conjunction with the mods. Hence why I'm trying to source repair parts.
I'm just on the other side of KC. I actually am from Abilene. Got a lot of family still in central Ks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Wichita area is my home. I spent my high school years in Newton. Back on topic, there isn't anywhere I could source a new fairing besides ebay or OEM unless I wanted to go the Conquest Customs route with their speed fairing?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Wichita area is my home. I spent my high school years in Newton. Back on topic, there isn't anywhere I could source a new fairing besides ebay or OEM unless I wanted to go the Conquest Customs route with their speed fairing?
I got an uncle that lives in newton. Like i said if you eend up needing some work done I'm not to far away.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1 For Goody, ive seen some of his work. the mans got skillz :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Goody, tried send you a PM but your inbox is full. I'm figuring this would be an opportune time to add the speakers to the Lids And do the other mods I was thinking about. Might as well since the fairing will be apart and what not. Hotvic bars, RF amp and 6.5" speakers all around, and a few others.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Goody, tried send you a PM but your inbox is full. I'm figuring this would be an opportune time to add the speakers to the Lids And do the other mods I was thinking about. Might as well since the fairing will be apart and what not. Hotvic bars, RF amp and 6.5" speakers all around, and a few others.
You can call me @ 660-563-1545

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Goody's work has left me speechless , I know , I have it on my bike . He will make your parts like new . You want custom work done right , Goody's your man .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts