Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Because of the scratches that I am accumulating on my tank (I am very careful with my jacket, and I don't have a big belly that winds up scraping my belt buckle accross it... it's just getting marred up), I am finding myself looking for a tank bib.

I have considered the Horndawg bib, but came across the Hopnel listed below. I searched the forum, and saw a couple of posts mentioning them... but nothing too in-depth.

Does anyone have any experience with these tank bibs on the XC? I am wondering if this is going to scratch up the paint as bad as not having anything.

Also, does the bib retain it's shape after a period of time? I know some of them can become mis-shaped with wind/usage.

And finally, what about cleaning the bike? Better to remove?

Thank you all once again for your help....

Black Classic Tank Bib in New Products - Featured - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got this one, really like it. Need an extra set of hands to get the velcro pads placed so you can get it tight but other than that its a winner in my book. Haven't had it long enough to comment on how it wears but I will take it off to wash and wax etc. If its been real dusty I will take it off and wipe and detail spray the tank down, then shake out the bib itself. Hope that help some!

·
Registered
304 Posts
CycleOpp's USA has them - they are plain ( no pockets) but you can get an Embroidered V if you want to get fancy! I like the simple look and they are not super big.

·
13,002 Posts
Why don't you go to a customer painter or body shop and see if they can buff it out. Then ask them about keeping it scratch free.
Victory has such a pretty tank why destroy the look with a bib.
As far as bibs go maybe this

https://www.facebook.com/CycleOpsUSA?pnref=story

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am having the same issue. I was actually thinking of ordering a clear vinyl wrap to put on the tank.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Had the Horndawg on a couple of different bikes. Latest one for a little more than a year

Attachments

·
Registered
4,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on one of those Even though they are under $40 I just could not bring myself to spend another dime on "something" for this bike.....lol

Hey PaiN

The cost of the bike is just the down payment for all the accessories .:grin

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey there,

Because of the scratches that I am accumulating on my tank (I am very careful with my jacket, and I don't have a big belly that winds up scraping my belt buckle accross it... it's just getting marred up), I am finding myself looking for a tank bib.

I have considered the Horndawg bib, but came across the Hopnel listed below. I searched the forum, and saw a couple of posts mentioning them... but nothing too in-depth.

Does anyone have any experience with these tank bibs on the XC? I am wondering if this is going to scratch up the paint as bad as not having anything.

Also, does the bib retain it's shape after a period of time? I know some of them can become mis-shaped with wind/usage.

And finally, what about cleaning the bike? Better to remove?

Thank you all once again for your help....

Black Classic Tank Bib in New Products - Featured - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts
I actually like these ones. It doesn't seem too much of a pain to remove to clean the tank. I may just get one

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Hey PaiN

The cost of the bike is just the down payment for all the accessories .:grin
You're absolutely right....what was I thinking? I just placed the order... :laugh

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one and it works great. It holds it shape and stays in place.
I took it off a couple of weeks ago when I had the gas tank off and there are not any marks in the paint.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why don't you go to a customer painter or body shop and see if they can buff it out. Then ask them about keeping it scratch free.

Victory has such a pretty tank why destroy the look with a bib.

As far as bibs go maybe this

https://www.facebook.com/CycleOpsUSA?pnref=story

Because it would be an endless battle. I love my Victory... Even more than my Harley, but damn if Victory didn't go all cheap bastards on the paint/clear coat. This paint job scratches if I fart on the bike, fer Christ's sakes.

I haven't even had this thing a full riding season, and I already have scratches and chips all over the bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does the bib go under the fuel cap? The hopnel one?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tank Bib

Yes it goes under the fuel cap. It takes about 20 minutes to install. You do have to take the seat off to attach the back.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Just for comparison, I have these side case bras by Hopnel. Very well made, high quality, good fit.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts