Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new guy. 2010 Kingpin. I have less than 100 of my miles on it. I want to upgrade the horn. What decibels is the stock horn? I read about the Stebel horn but a couple reasons I don't want that. Is there a simple replacement out there?

Kim

·
Registered
545 Posts
Instead of replacing the horn, I was taught to remember one very important thing while riding... Even if you legally have the right of way, do not assume that it will be given... always back off!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Instead of replacing the horn, I was taught to remember one very important thing while riding... Even if you legally have the right of way, do not assume that it will be given... always back off!
Good advice. As to the horn I'm running a fiamm freeway blaster low tone . It's small size compared to stebel, so it does not look out of place on my pin and is plenty loud.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
One of my Harley buddies replaced his stock horn, so he gave it to me. Looks like a Fiamm and sounds better than the "meep-meep" horn on the Vic

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I installed a FIAMM air horn "in-line" with the stock horn. It is very loud!

IMG_2846 (Large).jpg

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So much to choose from. I have a friend showing me his propad inc mini beast. Pricey...

Thx
Kim

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with Handy here but a horn upgrade is nice considering the weak stock one. I think I've only had one instance that a horn was useful in my year or riding.

I went with the Stebel and love it. I have a hammer 8-ball so the black stebel option hides nicely in the stock location. What reasons do you have against the stebel?

If you do go that route or any other horn that needs a relay just use the wires that operated the stock horn to operate your relay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the screaming banshee.
It was easy enough to install. Trying to decide where to mount it was really my only issue. It looks like there's a newer version that's supposed to be even easier to install.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up getting a Pro Pad Mini Beast. A friend has one and it is loud. Hoping I can mount it where the stock horn is.

Kim

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wolo bad boy for me. It was like 25 or 30 bucks on Harbor Freight's web site. Same thing as Stebel and all the others. I mounted it in the stock horn location on my Jackpot with really no issues.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am interested . Could you be more specific in which wolo bad boy? Some of the dimensions seem bigger than the horn I have now.

Thx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tinwhiskers this is the one I have, I just took the stickers off of it. http://www.harborfreight.com/bad-boy-air-horn-94117.html

I mounted it in the stock horn location on the jackpot and wired it in with a relay Honestly long term I will eventually disassemble the horn and relocate it so I can hide it and the compressor for it. But for now it looks fine on the front of the frame. Took some finagling to get in there and some of that 3M protective stuff for the paint so it would rest on that instead of the painted frame due to its size. I'll take pictures once it stops raining here if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I would like pics. TY. Currently on my high dollar chrome horn I cannibalized it. Tossed out the chrome cover, removed the bracket and attaching the two horns individually. I could easily sell it to an HD buddy and buy the wolo. Would love to see the installation.

Kim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts