Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new horn on a KP 2010. It is 6" diameter and 3" deep. Installed in same place as stock. I have 3" clearance from front fender. How much clearance do I need?

Thx
Kim

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Installed a new horn on a KP 2010. It is 6" diameter and 3" deep. Installed in same place as stock. I have 3" clearance from front fender. How much clearance do I need?

Thx
Kim
6-inch diameter? 3-inch deep?! Wow... what did you get? Pics?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pro Pad Inc. Mini Beast.
I think I'll try a ratchet strap and pull the forks down and see.

Was about to hook up the wires and try it out but got called away. Will do it Friday night.

Kim

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Plugged her in today. Good loud honk. Sounds like what you would hear from a large car. Now...grabbed my new motor guard which came in today...ding dang it...goes right where the horn is mounted.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooooops...not the way to go. Shocks flex quite a bit. That will hit the fender.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ooooops...not the way to go. Shocks flex quite a bit. That will hit the fender.
So what did you end up doing? Did you get a new horn?

I'm looking for something better than the embarrassing "meep, meep" on my Hammer.

something that I can mount in the SAME location as the existing horn, using the EXISTING wiring. Does anything like this exist?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you think about the need to use a relay for your horn? On my last bike, replacing the horn with a WOLO Bad Boy would fry your wiring in your horn switch due to increased amp draw. I am not sure if the horn you are putting in is going to cause future problems wiring it directly into the stock wiring configuration. A realy is only about $6 and may save you alot of $ in needing to replace the stock horn buton wiring later on....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a Wolo horn with relay, very load even squirrled away in my fairing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts