Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the useless factory horn on my 2014 Cross Country. Suggestions please?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I used a similar horn, mounting location and system, and relay on my '12 XCT for about two years before Paul made his excellent video (see link in VJ's post above). I used Paul's video for the instructions on adding the diode, though, which I did shortly after he put that up. I have nine (still) pics and captions that describe the process in my gallery, starting at this pic:

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

In my case, I used a Stebel Nautilus air horn, which is the same model I had on my Burgman 650 for five years. You can get this at Twisted Throttle, among other places: Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horn, 12-Volt, Black or Chrome | TwistedThrottle.com

All of these dual air horns are plenty loud, and the fairing has enough openings that the sound is not noticeably diminished. As long as you use a relay, keep the horn protected from the weather (which inside-the-fairing mounting takes care of) or at least have the trumpets facing down (to drain any moisture), and use beefy wire (16- or 14-gauge), you'll be fine with any of them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info. EXCELLENT video! Thanks. I need loud in city traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
This is the horn I have and I LOVE it!
Screaming Banshee - Loud Motorcycle Horns and Safety Systems
The fact that I can still tap the horn button and get a polite beep (when the light changes and someone is busy texting), or hold it for a LOUD blast. The headlight flasher is just a bonus.
Highly recommend!

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
I went for the Stebel, via eBay,
got it mailed from local Geebung for $47 Aust incl. a relay and postage!
Cant go past that and its saved me from lane mergers a couple of times already, and its a real wake up call for txters in front of you wheb the light goes green and theyre just finishing thier latest txt!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's important. The factory horn is weak.

KD. "It's gotta be KD"

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Ford car horns mounted using road light clamps. Cagers think its another car when I let them loose.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
I think all my bikes and cars could benefit from a Stebel actually.
Its cheap insurance in the new age of distracted drivers.
BLAST them back to Reality!!!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I like the WoLo ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
281 Posts
I used 1/2 of a 2" angle bracket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well went to the corner auto parts store and picked up a wolo 380-2t for under $20, was looking for the disc type that PaiN posted the link to but they were sold out so picked up this one looks like the ford car horns RICZ is using. Much improved low angry sound no more high squirrel squeak for a horn.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a bead on the Wolo 300-2T from Acklands Granger.

KD. "It's gotta be KD"

·
13,003 Posts
Out of the 30 some bikes I have owned not one ever came with a loud horn.
Motorcycle industry sucks when it comes to horns

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I found a slightly bigger and quite a bit louder horn on ebay for 15 bucks. works for me

1 - 20 of 54 Posts