Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn on my 06 Jackpot sounds like I ran over a cat. No one will ever hear it or if they do pay attention. Trying to go the easiest swap possible. I did a search but the only horn comments I found were for an air horn with bracket issues. Just want a loud horn that will use the current bracket. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
The horn on my 06 Jackpot sounds like I ran over a cat. No one will ever hear it or if they do pay attention. Trying to go the easiest swap possible. I did a search but the only horn comments I found were for an air horn with bracket issues. Just want a loud horn that will use the current bracket. Thanks.
You reckin the cat is jammed up in the horn?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/elec.htm - scroll down to the electric ones for cheap, good electrical horns that will fit in the OEM horn place.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i had never used my horn till i hit it by accident a couple weeks
ago[by the way, no digital functions on speedo will change with that button.]
holy crap! what engineer designed that pos to go with a
over 1700 cc bike. ill take my honda metro scooter horn over
this one. yes, a horn change is coming.
no self respecting cat would want to be compared to our horns.
no wonder the harley guys dont wave at me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was able to finagle the WOLO Bad Boy using the stock mounting location and bracket. Clearly it sticks out a little from the frame on my '08 Jackpot, but isn't in danger of rubbing anything. It's going to stay there until the end of riding season when I'll break it down into separate pieces so I can hide it better (I'll just run a vacuum line from the compressor to the horn at that point.)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I always just put air horns on mine. Have had it on both of my bikes as well as my wife's bike (Stebel Nautilus). They're easy to install and usually you can find a good hidden install location.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually if a cat was stuck in there I could pull its tale and get a better sound. These are the things I always wonder about with stock equipment. Safety safety safety and then put on brake lights, turn signals and a horn that suck. Charge an extra couple hundred bucks and set it up the right way from the start. Thanks for the advice. Getting a new horn tomorrow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah you can't go wrong with an air horn. You can get the Wolo on the Harbor Freight Tools website or their store for about 35 bucks. Its identical the the Nautilus and screaming banshee (as far as I could tell from a lot of research they're even all made by Wolo when it boils down to it).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know people who paid a lot of money for air horns and other expensive alternatives. The strange thing is, they never use them. Its rare that you hear a motorcyclist use the horn. What I did was go to the Canadian Tire store (because I live in Canada) and I bought a Fiamm Freeway Blaster car horn. Its 130 decibels and is very easy to put on the bike and does not look obvious. For under $25 it works great and by the way.....I use it.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
here is a simple horn I installed using 1 of two being the high pitch horn instead of the low pitch. I bought some cheap car horns from Harbor Freight. $12 mounts in the same bolts bracket every thing is the same..

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
I've been using the Flamm Freeway Blaster Low Note horns for years. In fact I just bought 3 of 'em. One to mount on the new KP and 2 for spares or friends.

However, if I were to get an air horn, it would probably be the Banshee 2 tone. One friendly tone and then it goes loud like a Stebel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been using the Flamm Freeway Blaster Low Note horns for years. In fact I just bought 3 of 'em. One to mount on the new KP and 2 for spares or friends.

However, if I were to get an air horn, it would probably be the Banshee 2 tone. One friendly tone and then it goes loud like a Stebel.
Same as mine. Why spend so much money on an elaborate air horn that is often hard to install, and it is essentially, no better.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
On my last bike i tried the wolo bad boy - lasted a season. Also tried the Fiam blaster horn with the same results. Finally got fed up with it and just put the stocker back on and stick with the finger now. :ltr:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I put an air horn on my Kawasaki and use it a lot. I love scaring the crap out of people texting while driving. It is on my to-do list for the Vic.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
On my last bike i tried the wolo bad boy - lasted a season. Also tried the Fiam blaster horn with the same results. Finally got fed up with it and just put the stocker back on and stick with the finger now. :ltr:
How much do you use your horn!? :crzy::D

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much but I want something that at least has a little roughness to it. This one sounds like I beeped at you please stop at the red light and kick my ass.

Went to Victory today and all they have are air horns with an hour or two of moving the horn, relays, etc. I just want a plain ol horn that has some bass to it that fits in the current location and brackets. Off to Harbor Freight to see if they have a match. Still can't figure out why the guy at Victory in charge of horns put this pos on the bikes.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
...This one sounds like I beeped at you please stop at the red light and kick my ass.
LOL :ltr:

...Still can't figure out why the guy at Victory in charge of horns put this pos on the bikes.
Perhaps to conform with local laws imposed somewhere in our country (where the horns have to be pleasant and the exhaust has to emit pure Oxigen). :crzy:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know people who paid a lot of money for air horns and other expensive alternatives. The strange thing is, they never use them. Its rare that you hear a motorcyclist use the horn. What I did was go to the Canadian Tire store (because I live in Canada) and I bought a Fiamm Freeway Blaster car horn. Its 130 decibels and is very easy to put on the bike and does not look obvious. For under $25 it works great and by the way.....I use it.
Thanks... Read this, went to CT, picked one up for 14 bucks and just put it on.

Couldn't stand the Road Runner Beep....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought a Bikers choice electric horn here at Motorcycle Accessories, the customer agent was kind enough to help me out on w/c kind of horn would be best for my bike and how to install it correctly. I decided to get the part number BkCh-75595. Looks really great and sound very decent for its size. The chrome finish really mix well with my black bike.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I just installed the freeway blaster low tone. It sounds much better/lower than the road runner beep beep stock horn. Easy to install. No relay required. Fits in the stock location. Price is under $20. Cant beat that!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts