Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 victory highball
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a jeepers creepers horn and it’s a 3 wire( red,blk, and yellow) I know how it functions just trying to figure out how I can replace it with the original horn and use the existing horn button and ideas?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Electrical is my weakest area but since there are two wires for the stock horn I imagine one of the terminals is for ground on the JC horn and the other two are for the momentary horn button to complete the circuit.

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Electrical is my weakest area but since there are two wires for the stock horn I imagine one of the terminals is for ground on the JC horn and the other two are for the momentary horn button to complete the circuit.
That would be correct.

·
Registered
2013 victory highball
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I hooked the red and yellow together on the positive side. Yellow is a trigger wire. So it works I just have to hold the horn down for it to play instead of hitting it and it playing the preselected tune. How can i get around that. Maybe add a relay or something.

·
Registered
2013 victory highball
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red goes to positive on battery,
Black goes to negative on battery,
Yellow just has to touch the positive momentarily to activate, most likely through your switch.
Yes yellow is a trigger but if I hook the blk and red to say the battery and touch the yellow to the positive side it will do the (jeepers creepers) blast twice. When I hooked it to the existing wire with the original horn I have to hold the horn down to get the full sound. Trying to figure out how to use the yellow as a trigger without having to add a button.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’ve always wondered why victory put those weenie little oem horns on their big muscular bikes? I was embarrassed to use it before I replaced it with a decent air horn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts