Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Vegas Saturday night. We got asked to move our bikes from the front of the Luxor, they asked nicely, nice place. We went to park. Bike cranked over just fine. The bike did not want to fire up. Now mind you it was pretty hot, just came up the main drag there to the Luxor, so the bike was warm/HOT. The catch to this problem is I live in the Phx., Az area and the bike has been in very HOT temps before. So I did good I did not get as hot as the bike,ha,ha. I figured what the hell I'll open the filler cap to the tank, maybe it's vapor lock. Closed the fuel cap. Unit started up ran like crap for a minute, went and parted the bike. The next morning bike started up great and ran great. Point to this is if you run into the bike cranking over, but not starting when it is hot out, try opening the fuel cap and closing it, maybe you will get lucky and it will start. thumb up

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah a tad warm there, it was 42deg C for all three days we were there in August last year.......still went for a ride to look around. The Highball started and ran perfectly.:cool:

·
13,247 Posts
Speedblue
for the heck of it check your cap vent

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hot

Mine done the same thing in Miami. Came down A1A avenue in stop and go traffic for about an hour. Tepm was 95 outside. Pulled over when we got to the end of A1A and sat there for 10 min or so. Jumped on and bike would not start. Acted like it was vapor locked. Waited 20 min and it fired up and has ran fine since then. People say Vics do not get hot. I am here to tell you my does anyway.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had the same issue when hot...turned out to be a bad PCV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts