Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting hot outside and I'm looking for suggestions on riding gear for this type of weather. I've been looking at "Draggin" Shirts and Jeans, but wondering if anyone has gear that they use and recommend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When the temps get high I wear jeans and a first gear mesh tex jacket. The jacket gets a little warm while sitting but disappears when you start moving. All year round I wear a shoei neotec helmet. I rode for a few hours this weekend in 90+ heat and that combo did fine.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Getting hot outside and I'm looking for suggestions on riding gear for this type of weather. I've been looking at "Draggin" Shirts and Jeans, but wondering if anyone has gear that they use and recommend.
Hey NavyCraig,

I've been wearing Victory's Core Mesh Jackets since I bought it last August for summer riding and I really like the fit and venting. It was $99 bucks at a Victory shop. It has the built-in armor for the spine, shoulders and forearms/elbows. I don't think it's CE rated which is why it was $99.00 :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Mesh jacket, jeans and cooling vest if required. The Victory mesh jacket that RedRocker posted is pretty much the best deal on the market, it comes with armor and you don't have to purchase it separately.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Mesh jacket, mesh riding pants, motorcycle boots, leather gloves, and a helmet.

Clueless people often make comments about being dressed for winter. While they are nursing their sunburns, I'll be out riding...

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,641 Posts
http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/IronButt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf

Yes it works. From the Mississippi delta, to south Louisiana, to east Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, yadda yadda.

YMMV
Good read! Thanks. This is essentially what I do out here in blast furnace land. It does work. Some of it, like having a windshield you look through rather than over, is counter intuitive but it helps a lot to keep that blast furnace hot air from hitting directly.

·
13,177 Posts
Gold Bond power for your ass chest legs and most of all feet.
Sheep skin for the seat of wood beads or even a bath towel.
If you think I'm crazy on a hot day when you come home from good ride pull your seat and stick your hand on the bottom of the seat.
You'll be surprised how hot it is.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Good read!
I thought so too. I generally wear the wicking undergarments while touring anyway as they fold up small and take up little space.

I think his conclusion left a little area for confusion. While maximizing air-flow may not be useful at higher temps, the mesh suit is still the best ventilated to allow for evaporation. As long as you are behind a fairing/windscreen etc that is keeping the wind blast off you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Actually mesh isn't best above about 95. It does work pretty good behind good wind protection. Lots think the humid south negates all this fodder, not in reality it still is a good concept.
Cheers

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts