Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seeing if anyone has these yet and their experience with them. They are pricey, but look like a quality piece. Also curious if anyone has ran them with an amp since they don't require one (plug and play). I don't know much about speakers so I'll ask, how should these sound by just plug and play setup or should they be ran to with amp? Thanks.-Chris

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, HotVic has their own. Their lids include a ported enclosure, come with Polk 6.5's, are prewired, and are painted to match factory colors. The HMD's are just a primered fiberglass lid.

Check out the 2nd picture to see the most obvious difference between the two:

https://coastalvictory.stores.dealerspike.com/product.aspx?zpid=5708695
Thats correct. Sorry about the confusion. The HotVic kit is complete plug and play, painted, and ready for install. Wondering if anyone has them yet and their thoughts? And sound question, if you decided to run it with or without and amp? Should it still sound good without an amp? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice lids but pretty pricey. My RJ lids just came and with speakers and paint i'll be all in at quite a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice lids but pretty pricey. My RJ lids just came and with speakers and paint i'll be all in at quite a bit cheaper.
What are RJ lids? Pics or a web site?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Rusty Jones Customs

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Rusty Jones Customs
How was the finish? I am looking at his site and the picture does not look so good.

Also how are the speakers angled? Are they tilted away from the bike, towards, or just straight up? I assume they are fiberglass.

At that price I may buy a set.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
They seem like they're pretty decent. A little filler sand n paint and they should be good. Even if they run me 300 for paint and 70 for speakers I saved right around 400.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Another picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Don't know why it only lets me post one picture at a time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I ran four 5 1/4 polks with a Soundstream amp in my batwing fairing and they sounded fanfuckingtastic. Could used a sub but still they rocked. I'm installing two 5 1/4 polks in my fairing and two 6 1/2 polks in these lids with the stock head unit and a Rockford Fosgate amp. Still undecided what to do if anything with the speakers in the trunk as it won't be mounted all the time. I think it will sound fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts