Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to throw this out to the biker community. My wife, four year old son and I lost everything in a house fire on thursday June 19. We were able to salvage a lot of pictures and important items but are having to completely rebuild our lives. The house is a complete loss. ..we were renters and no insurance. My son lost all of his belongings. Toys clothes etc. We are grateful for any amount that people might be willing to contribute to help us rebuild our lives and get in to a home.

http://www.gofundme.com/api3go

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dam sorry to hear. I just had a pipe burst in my upper bathroom a couple of months ago. The water filled up between the ceiling joist until the ceilings finally collapsed. Lost about everything too. At least you and yours made it out ok. Everything else can be replaced. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
theyre just things, at least your all ok. my wife sells insurance and the stories of the people who aren't covered makes me cringe. don't take that wrong stevo, live and learn.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I know exactly what you're going through I had a total loss house fire in 2004 but they saved the bike just like you. You sir have a long many months ahead of you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Good luck Brother , glad you are all ok !

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I too know that pain.Its a long road but there is an end.prayers go out for you.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Sorry to hear this and hopefully you have a good support system around you. There is a sports saying that... "Nobody learns anything from winning but loosing ALWAYS teaches us a lesson" and as you now know, insurance should be the first thing you buy as you settle into your next place. Hope this link below will also help you move through this...

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/why-negative-life-lessons-are-so-valuable/

·
13,235 Posts
Up here in Minnesota we have had rain 20 days out of 25 this month. Our normal rain fall for the month is 4 inches last Wednesday we had 8 inches all in one night. Our rivers are over there banks and the lakes are now half way to peoples back door.
I just drained 3 ft of water out of the basement. Carpet shot chairs lamps walls and more. Insurance says no way so now I'm looking for second job and girl friend is working over time.
Sorry for your fire hope you make out

·
Registered
318 Posts
What was the cause of the fire? If there was a defect of some sort you may be able to make a claim for your lost items to the at fault source for the fire, assuming there was an at fault source. I am sorry for your loss but so very happy that you and your family members were not injured or worse. You might want to talk with the fire marshall and see what they determined to be the cause and origin of the fire. I would also suggest you take very good pictures of the damage and items lost.

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this. Have you looked to your community to see if some second hand furniture and toys are available? Lots of good advice given already in this thread. I'm reminded of the old saying; "when one door closes another one opens". May you find your open door(s) to fill in what you have lost. Who knows; there may be opportunities for you now that weren't there before. Have you been considering a move to a different town or state? With less to move; this might be the time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
updates

Hey thanks for the inquiry. Not too much going on. In Newark temporarily and looking for a house or lot in livermore. Have a factory tank I purchased from that place in Arizona off eBay that I'm going to do a more permanent tank raise on and then have custom painted. Throwing around the idea of dishing the sides but not so much anymore as I saw one online that I didn't like. But thinking of reshaping the rank somehow. Picked up a lathe over the weekend so looking forward to working on some brass grips and pegs once I get settled. Where are u at in nor cal ptc?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
How does your donation thingy work? I just tried to make a donation but it kept freezing up on me... Get one of your riding buddies to organize a poker run on your behalf... If you find the right guy could easily raise a couple G.

Ride it like you stole it... Or just stay home.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should work trav. Not sure why it froze up on you. Should be able to click donate now and go from there. Much appreciated brother. Have considered a lot of donation ideas including poker run so will keep that in mind. Thanks again.

Off topic I'm really interested in seeing vice w different tanks on them whether custom or factory tanks that have been changed etc. I was set on doing a traditional Indian larry style dish where the stock tank kind of dishes in but just complete the concave dish. Then I saw some crazy gold bike online and didn't dig it so much. The tank that Marcus Walz did on the Hardcore Hammer was sick. Not sure if he did a full custom tank or re-shaped the stock one. Looks nice though. Search the victory hardcore hammer if u haven't seen it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey thanks for the inquiry. Not too much going on. In Newark temporarily and looking for a house or lot in livermore. Have a factory tank I purchased from that place in Arizona off eBay that I'm going to do a more permanent tank raise on and then have custom painted. Throwing around the idea of dishing the sides but not so much anymore as I saw one online that I didn't like. But thinking of reshaping the rank somehow. Picked up a lathe over the weekend so looking forward to working on some brass grips and pegs once I get settled. Where are u at in nor cal ptc?
Im near the Galt/Lodi area if you know of them, but just out Twin Cities Road (Hwy 104) going towards the Jackson a bit. Theres a little town called Herald that I am closest to but nobody has ever heard of it.

You can see the Twin Towers from my house!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts