Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The sport Tourer is a Motus with a V4 making 165 hp and 121 tq and the Sport bike is a Czysz C1 990 with 220 hp at 15,000 rpm.

I really wish Polaris would buy Czysz and enter AMA and Moto GP.thumb up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had to attach more photos of a bike that was discontinued in 2008 for an electric model. But I still love the bike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wish manufactures could come up with a quality bike with a realistic price range.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I just wish manufactures could come up with a quality bike with a realistic price range.
It's all about volume. If they could sell enough of them, their costs would go down as would the prices of the bikes.

Problem is that here in Amurica, we ride cruisers and crotch rockets. Sensible sport touring machines like the Motus are a small niche and one that's already pretty well filled with: FJR, Concours, BMW1600, VFR 1200, BMW RT, Suzuki 1250, Moto Guzzi Norge etc. And that doesn't include a ton of similar "adventure" tour models like the V-Strom, BMW GS series and so on.

The companies selling cruisers and crotch rockets can use the profits, distribution channels etc from those to make an affordable ST line. Not so easy to swing when you're a one trick pony.

I wish them well too, but there are only so many Jay Leno types that are going to spend that kind of money on a novelty bike. Hopefully, like you say, some big corp will see the logic in purchasing the company. It would have made a lot more sense for Polaris to buy them than Indian IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts