·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great series and Stanley Cup

·
Registered
636 Posts
Not a huge fan of either team, but it was a great and exciting series to watch. Seems what Bawstin did to Toronto, Chicago did to Bawstin.....Shame someone had to lose.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pckrfan. How is the Saddkedome? I saw pics Unreal. Did you make it through the flood

Hawks. Best 17 seconds in sports

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm sick over this loss, with all the trauma in Boston recently I feel we needed this as a group.... It was almost destiny after the epic comeback in game 7 against the Leaf's and TOTAL domination of the Rangers and Penguins... Very depressing ...:puke:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm sick over this loss, with all the trauma in Boston recently I feel we needed this as a group.... It was almost destiny after the epic comeback in game 7 against the Leaf's and TOTAL domination of the Rangers and Penguins... Very depressing ...:puke:
I was pulling for the Bruins, the way they went through Pittsburgh I thought they would win it for sure.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As a Pens fan, I liked the outcome. I have to admit though that after Boston swept the Pens, I didn't think anybody would be able to hang with them. Although all but one game in that series could have gone either way. Their goalie was amazing and their defense was world class. To be that dominating is hard to maintain indefinitely. Chicago manned up and adjusted enough to take the Cup. They did so by winning two on the road including the clincher. No fluke.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
As a Pens fan, I liked the outcome. I have to admit though that after Boston swept the Pens, I didn't think anybody would be able to hang with them. Although all but one game in that series could have gone either way. Their goalie was amazing and their defense was world class. To be that dominating is hard to maintain indefinitely. Chicago manned up and adjusted enough to take the Cup. They did so by winning two on the road including the clincher. No fluke.
Bruins had last nights game won, period. They CHOKED. 2 goals in 17.7 seconds? Give me a break. Game 7 would have been EPIC.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I stopped following closely after the Wings were eliminated. I really thought they were gonna make it and it was gonna be Detroit and Boston, but Howard fell asleep in the net or something, I dunno.

The Hawks are a good team tho, and they earned the win. Strong comeback after that 2-game deficit to the Wings in the semis. Congrats to those guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would have to disagree with the choke perspective. One goal was with an extra attacker, essentially equal to a power play. The second was just Chicago finishing out the period and having a player in the right position to take advantage of a deflected puck in front of the goal. Part of that was momentum and part was a good team doing what a good team does.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would have to disagree with the choke perspective. One goal was with an extra attacker, essentially equal to a power play. The second was just Chicago finishing out the period and having a player in the right position to take advantage of a deflected puck in front of the goal. Part of that was momentum and part was a good team doing what a good team does.
Chicago is an incredible team, BUT , the Bruins did in fact choke, the Penguins scored 2 goals in 4 games, Bruins give up 2 goals in 17.7 seconds.... Really ? CHOKE. I have to disagree with you... Isn't this what makes sports great? OOoohhh the agony of defeat...:(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Chicago is an incredible team, BUT , the Bruins did in fact choke, the Penguins scored 2 goals in 4 games, Bruins give up 2 goals in 17.7 seconds.... Really ? CHOKE. I have to disagree with you... Isn't this what makes sports great? OOoohhh the agony of defeat...:(
Lilmag your my type of sports fan. I get all pissed off my team loses too but not afraid to admit defeat. That being said, I have been a die hard Chicago fan my whole life. I was there for all six Bulls championships and will never forget my White Sox winning the pennant. Damn shame I can't be there for another Blackhawks parade. But if you want to talk about the agony of defeat, have a conversation with a Cubs fan:eek: Yup. Couldn't resist!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mikectc, good point , living in N.E. as a sports fan, in the last 10-12 years I have no complaints. All my teams have won,thumb up more then 1 have multiple. I felt with the Marathon terrorist act , and the Bruins run, makes this painful ... The Pats have Brady aging Welker gone , Gronk down, Hernandez in deep ****, Doc Rivers , gone, Celts rebuilding , I feel a N.E. sports crisis on the horizon.... Make no mistake, I am grateful for Boston sports teams....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts