Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my intro. Pushing 55 years old, and ridden bikes since the mid seventies. Always leaned towards triumphs. I love the parrallell twins and have just purchased a new xtc, the first v twin I've ever owned. In the past I have ridden lots of Harley's owned by friends, but they just didn't float my boat. Too much vibes, with very little giddy up. I currently own a 2009 triumph thunderbird ( which is a fantastic bike ) but after hiring a road king on a trip to Canada last year,I just had to get onto a bagger with fairing and sound system.
I was hoping that Trumpy would bring out a proper fairinged bagger with the current incarnation of the thunderbird, but instead they went with that abomination of a Harley copy, the thunderbird lt. The xtc doesn't have the Mongrel raw power of the 'Bird but fills the brief in every other aspect. I'm looking forward to putting a good few miles on her over winter, we ride all year round in Sydney, and I hope the Victory experience is good for me.
This is a great forum, with a vast knowledge bank on performance and mods. Looking forward to reading and responding with Y' all. Cheers.cheers
Brett. (Baboon)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
If you have been lurking around this forum for a spell, then you know these Victorys take a while to break in--over 3,000 miles. She'll be a lot peppier then. Simple and inexpensive mods unleash more power, enough to keep up with Victoria's 100km speed limit, eh? :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If you have been lurking around this forum for a spell, then you know these Victorys take a while to break in--over 3,000 miles. She'll be a lot peppier then. Simple and inexpensive mods unleash more power, enough to keep up with Victoria's 100km speed limit, eh? :)
Ric speaks truth. Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Aussie Victory rider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts