Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
To Tell For Sure...

You check the year. 2010 doesn't. 2011 does.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't want to deal with transmission problems but have my heart set on Midnight Cherry. How long will I have to wait until that color come around again?:crzy:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I don't want to deal with transmission problems but have my heart set on Midnight Cherry. How long will I have to wait until that color come around again?:crzy:
Some of us are more sensitive than others, at least in the hearing department. Therefore, some complain about the gear whine of the 2010's while others say "what gear whine?" Test ride the bike. What you see (or hear) is what you get. No surprises. If the transmission's not too loud for you, then save the money and get a 2010 model. Btw, the midnight cherry might never come back. thumb up

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was told by a dealer that the size of the alternator was increased at the same time the trans. mods. were made for 2011. I have never read this anywhere and would like to know if anyone here can verify this change.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
philo, I have no qualms about my XR's tranny. Yes, its a bit noisy, but nothing I can't abide. When doing around town errands I don't wear ear plugs and the sound is never annoying. On the highway, I always wear 'em. I have gotten more compliments about my bike's color - I am so glad I got a 2010. Not only is the color great, I like the way it came set up with the tubular crash bars, medium height windscreen, hard cases and a wider passenger seat than the 2011 has. Get that 2010, you won't regret it one bit. You might even get a big discount to boot. cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts