Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got involved in enjoying my ride home from work yesterday and totally forgot to fill up before I left town...ugh. Before I realized it I was well between any possible stops in the country and pretty low on gas. Got to the gas station with just over 177 miles on the tank and luckily my low fuel light hadn't even come on.
I may have caused myself more stress worrying about running out of gas on my way than I needed to. How close was I? What is the most mileage you have gotten on a tank?

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
I got involved in enjoying my ride home from work yesterday and totally forgot to fill up before I left town...ugh. Before I realized it I was well between any possible stops in the country and pretty low on gas. Got to the gas station with just over 177 miles on the tank and luckily my low fuel light hadn't even come on.
I may have caused myself more stress worrying about running out of gas on my way than I needed to. How close was I? What is the most mileage you have gotten on a tank?
212, could have gone more. My light comes on at 180.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
The only consistent thing about it is how much gas is left when the light comes on. I'll go 30 miles max after it comes on. I went a little farther a couple of times unintentionally. On the way back from the national rally in Grayling, MI I was on track for about 230 miles.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My light comes on at about 200 miles. Used to come on about 180 Miles. I still have at least a gallon left after light come on

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You were not at all close to running out. I've put 5.5 gallons of gas in the tank of a 2012 XCT and suspect there was at least 1/2 gallon of gas left in the tank prior to this fill If this is correct, then the tank is at least 6 gallons. At 40 miles per gallon, that would be a minimum of 240 miles to truly empty.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn....... I did have a long way to go left..lol
When I filled up it only took 4.15 gallons.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My '13 CCT and my wife's '15 Magnum both are very consistant about the low fuel light coming on. In the 3 years we had ours, both bikes take right at 4.3 gallons if we stop when the light first comes on. With the 5.8 gallons per the manual, we've got another 1.5 gallons.
This past Saturday, we went on a 225 mile round trip and my light came on about 195 miles. When I filled up with 225.4 showing on the trip meter, I put in 4.95 gallons.

Attachments

·
13,038 Posts
Rollin was going up the Dalton hwy in Alaska and the sign said next gas 248 miles. He pulled in on his vision and put in 5.6 gallons of gas.
Heck when I put in gas the pump shuts off on my vision I can get in a gallon and a half more

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
"Your mileage may vary". LOL MY usual mileage around here is about 36-38 mpg. Hwy is closer to 40 if steady and using cruise. I want to say I normally put about 4.2, 4.5 in if I stop when the light comes on. 170-180 miles

·
Registered
70 Posts
36-38 is about right for me too around here through the week. 42+ only shows up on extended journeys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts