Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some research, and I still can't find any thing that can tell me for sure that my bike is an 8 ball. When I bought it, I was told it is a 08 vegas 8 ball. I have looked up the vin number, and all that it tells me is it is a vegas.
The color is silver. I have not seen any this color. So I started to wonder if it really is an 8 ball.
If any one can help, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
8-Ball is a blacked out Vegas. If the color is silver then it is not an 8-Ball. Is there a difference between an 8-Ball Vegas and a regular Vegas besides the color? I don't know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only difference is that the 8 balls are black, However this is the first one in my life Ive seen come silver from the factory. It even has the black rims so I would say its a 8 ball even though the parts are exactly the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have an all black motor. It is a 5 speed. But the head light doesn't seam to mach any other 8 ball.
Plus I think the non 8 ball cost more new.

Thanks so far for ask the post's. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 8 balls are actually chaeper, Victory must get a good discount on black paint or somthing. Dont quote me but in 2010 0r 2011 they actually changed the head light but it sure looks like a stock one to me. and the regular vegas is ussually some kinda 2 tone from what ive seen. and 3000.00 more. Might be worth it as chrome seems to be alot easier to keep clean than black.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Call Polaris, they'll tell you what the bike was when it was sold. Mine was sold as an 8 Ball, but a dealer put on custom Victory Tins. They confirmed it for me.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
My '09 8-ball 5th digit is "B"
"B" means Standard. Whatever Standard means. lol
A= 8Ball
B= Standard
C=Custom
D= Touring
S= Sport
W= ABS
Z= Limited Edition
L= Low

This is what is in my 2011 manual. Maybe 2009 is different.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It does have an all black motor. It is a 5 speed. But the head light doesn't seam to mach any other 8 ball.
Plus I think the non 8 ball cost more new.

Thanks so far for ask the post's. :)
5 speed blacked out motor means it is a definite 8ball

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I believe you're showing us an aftermarket 8-Ball decal there. Further proof it's not an 8-Ball.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
So, how did that Vegas, that's 'proven' NOT to be an 8-Ball, get a 5 speed trans I wonder?
That's why I hesitated to answer his question on the "higher value" - this could be a bike that got pieced together from other parts. Could be a Vegas frame that has a Vegas 8Ball motor and transmission. Entire front end also does not look 8Ball at all.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
So, how did that Vegas, that's 'proven' NOT to be an 8-Ball, get a 5 speed trans I wonder?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Edit....Just did a unit inquire on this VIN and the description portion is not what I am used to seeing? It does not list color, or weather it is 49 state/California. There is also a numeric sequence that I have never seen. Something a little different about this bike from the factory level.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A Victory dealer should be able to pull up a unit inquiry for the bike based on the VIN. I have one for my bike, the inquiry print out also contains the engine number. Mine also describes the model (on my print out it says: Victory-09, 8-Ball, 49ST, BLK).

There should be an engine number on the engine visible by looking from the left hand side over to the right rear of the engine. That might be a clue whether the engine in the bike is the one it originally had. Maybe this is a Vegas with various parts swapped????

1 - 20 of 49 Posts