Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's hard to tell exactly from pictures because they are affected by directional light, but one of the plugs looks to be burning richer than the other or not firing as hot and clean... if I had to guess the one on the right in the picture came out of the front jug???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh! I should have marked which jug each plug came out of! I will next time...and thanks for the feedback. One does look a little richer but at least both are tan and not gooey black or crispy white & pitted. So far, during the break in and first 5,100 I have not had to add a drop of oil to top it off and I check it every 2 or 3 fillups...man this engine is solid! I'm used to the 6 Harleys I've had the used a quart every 600-700 miles with the dealer telling me "it's normal and within Harley's acceptable limits..."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Gibson. That's helpful. Looks like mine are in the "normal" range. I wonder if 5,100 miles is a fair test...perhaps I'll run the new set for 10,000 miles and then pulling them (marking which jug each came out of).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts