Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2011 XC almost a year ago. It is time for the 10,000 mile oil change and air filter inspection.
After looking at the air filter it looked dirty and not the same as the pics I have seen of the performace air filter. After taking it out and checking part numbers much to my surprise it was just the stock filter.
When I bought the bike the Dealer said he could do better exhuast for the same money as Victory stage 1. Exhuast Air Filter and Remap just like only better sounding.
I took the filter to the dealer and he looked like a deer in the headlights, I got the right one this time but left feeling I was the bad guy in this.

I now wonder if I got the bike map also. How do I tell?
Can another dealer hook it up and give me a read out. Thanks

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Technical Question

This thread is falls under the technical category, so I have moved it to the Technical Section of the forum. Here it will get the appropriate attention. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
This thread is falls under the technical category, so I have moved it to the Technical Section of the forum. Here it will get the appropriate attention. ;)
I don't see how this thread is any more "Technical" than 80 percent of the threads on the main board wac

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's why you aren't a moderator:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:
That's where you are wrong Diamondrump, I am a moderator on a motorcycle board, Just not this one:rolleyes: and from the looks of things I wouldn't wat to be a moderator here cause I couldn't get used to throwing threads anywhere I felt like:D

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
That's where you are wrong Diamondrump, I am a moderator on a motorcycle board, Just not this one:rolleyes: and from the looks of things I wouldn't wat to be a moderator here cause I couldn't get used to throwing threads anywhere I felt like:D
Awesome! Let us know what forum you moderate so we can come over and question / trash talk your contributions. ;)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
All I'm giving is constructive critcism but I'm sure with your attitude that's exactly what you would do thumb up
Hehehe... My rotten attitude sees no constructive criticism here - only destructive questioning. :ltr:

The question the OP asked is valid for other models not just the XC, and it is a technical question in my estimation. If I am wrong, then you, the users, surely will find enough mercy in your hearts to forgive me. I do what I do with the best intentions and for the benefit of you, the forum users. cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hehehe... My rotten attitude sees no constructive criticism here - only destructive questioning. :ltr:

The question the OP asked is valid for other models not just the XC, and it is a technical question in my estimation. If I am wrong, then you, the users, surely will find enough mercy in your hearts to forgive me. I do what I do with the best intentions and for the benefit of you, the forum users. cheers
Spoken like a true Politician :ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To moderate in moderation now thats a true balancing act :rolleyes:
Hey I don't care were CrossRoads puts it as long as I get some answers. ;)

I think I'll have it check out with another dealer.

Thanks for the info diamond , that's what I thought but wanted to make sure before I started making any calls.

Should I have gotten any paperwork with the bike being remapped?

The fact that the Vic's are rare is both a curse and a pleasure, I love being the only one in the parking lot at a ride, but its hard to find someone to talk to and ask simple question.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Why would I be referring to any other forums? You were talking about this one and I was talking about this one.

We do things things the correct way on this board and a MAPPING question is technical because if a bike is not mapped properly with an intake it can crappy and do some serious engine damage AND, mapping is a PERFORMANCE modification so it belongs in the "Victory Tech and Performance Section"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts