Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all agree that HD does a great job marketing their brand and some/most agree that Victory could do a better job- I am curious how those of you who love your bikes and have a sense of pride in the Victory name support the brand? Be it apparel, stickers, word of mouth etc.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wear my Victory hat most everywhere I go and a victory tee 2-3 times a week, I always take time to talk to interested folks at gas stations and offer pretty girls a ride, the last part is for me not the brand

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
In addition to a cap or three and a T-shirt or four, I removed the old style oval tank badge and replaced it with an easy to read chrome script.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to pick up a new T. I love the "victory" on the Judge tank, I'd make it happen it a heartbeat on the Hammer if there were a paintless option.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Buy buying one bike for me and trying to get finances in order to buy another for my wife. What better way?

Also, I have a couple shirts, a ballcap, a pair of riding glasses, and she has a tank top. We don't mind advertising every once in a while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Victory button up shop shirts, just about every time I ride with a group. Large Victory decal on my car's rear window, made by a friend who does vinyl transfers. Victory t-shirts whenever and wherever. I too, wish there were more apparel and accessories available for our brand. But it has only been fifteen years since the brands inception. It takes time to put a great marketing team together. Especially people who actually " get it".

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm a free advertisement every time I ride my Victory. Not to mention supporting the brand when I bought my new bike. Had they thrown in a free t-shirt I'd even wear it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When my trailer was stolen the Indian and fortysomething years worth of riding gear went too. So new ride, new leathers.

My leather is a Victory leather with the name stitched into the back. It was cheaper than anything no lettering.

Pop is a triple X so it's big lettering.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I support the brand by riding one. Got one shirt from the dealer (with their name on it as well of course) and one tshirt with the script letters as a Christmas present. That is enough for me because my next bike may not be a Victory

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
When my trailer was stolen the Indian and fortysomething years worth of riding gear went too. So new ride, new leathers.

My leather is a Victory leather with the name stitched into the back. It was cheaper than anything no lettering.

Pop is a triple X so it's big lettering.
I bought one of their jackets too, but mine has their logo embossed by what appears to be a heating press.

I didn't buy mine to pimp for Victory, but because it was actually one of the few aftermarket items they sell at a reasonable price for its quality and it has great big vent openings front and rear. And big vents are a must on a leather jacket for me. For whatever reason, I could find no equivalent alternative.

I will say that Harley has a really nice one that is also supposedly waterproof. It costs about twice as much and I just wear textile on days with a good chance of rain. I suppose I could buy a bottle of leather water repellant pretty cheap too if I just had to wear it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I wonder how many people got interested in Victory and eventually bought one simply because I ride one...
Sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to pick up via the interweb. You see a lot of folks going badge-less and several responses of " because I ride one." To me, nothing wrong with that but I was curious if folks go beyond that. I work with a bunch of folks that ride and it seems like the HD guys are always wearing their HD gear and one even has an HD tat. (I did see a member here did the same, that's dedication...) I ride in full gear all the time and have a mesh jacket for the summer months, a textile for the fall and haven't picked up any leather yet for winter, I just toughed it out with the textile in the past. Working evening shift and coming home at 11 pm in 25 degree weather put me off the bike and into the car. That being said, maybe some Victory leather is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to pick up via the interweb. You see a lot of folks going badge-less and several responses of " because I ride one." To me, nothing wrong with that but I was curious if folks go beyond that. I work with a bunch of folks that ride and it seems like the HD guys are always wearing their HD gear and one even has an HD tat. (I did see a member hear did the same, that's dedication...) I ride in full gear all the time and have a mesh jacket for the summer months, a textile for the fall and haven't picked up any leather yet for winter, I just toughed it out with the textile in the past. Working evening shift and coming home at 11 pm in 25 degree weather put me off the bike and into the car. That being said, maybe some Victory leather is the way to go.
I admittedly bought leather for reason of vanity. The bike I own has leather bags and a leather trunk, so I figure why ruin the look with a Power Ranger jacket.

But for cold weather riding, the way to go is to run an electrical plug up near your seat and buy an electric jacket liner to plug into. Presto chango, your bike just became useful for several more months a year regardless of your jacket's hide.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I admittedly bought leather for reason of vanity. The bike I own has leather bags and a leather trunk, so I figure why ruin the look with a Power Ranger jacket.

But for cold weather riding, the way to go is to run an electrical plug up near your seat and buy an electric jacket liner to plug into. Presto chango, your bike just became useful for several more months a year regardless of your jacket's hide.
HEY!!! something we agree on 100% cheers

I started out with a Tourmaster Cortex jacket and it was pretty warm around town for an hour or so but I never really went further than that. When I bought my Victory they messed up my name on the paperwork...twice. So they sold me the men's Stealth leather jacket with Victory pressed into the back at cost. I wore that on a 3 hour mostly interstate run. It was 28 degrees when we started. After we got there it took me 5 minutes to warm up enough to start shivering :eek:

I had Gerbing electric gloves but not the jacket. After that I bought the Gerbing electric jacket liner and have been toasty ever since thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
In all seriousness, I can think of 4 people off the top of my head who are on a Vic now mostly because I bought one.

I have 20-some Vic shirts (I'm wearing one now), I have a 'Victory Performance' air jacket that I wear when it's hot (and they let me race in it at MIR), but I'm not sure how much influence these items have.

I still think the best advertisement is for serious riders to own/ride Victory... be seen by other motorcycle enthusiasts... strike up conversations with people on other bikes/brands.

When we were out at Seneca Rocks, some young guys came riding up on enduro/adventure bikes, all muddy too. One was a Multistrada. I walked over and said "I think that will be my next bike! What an awesome machine!" As the conversation progressed, talking about dirt bikes (I have one too) and street bikes, the general consensus was that Victory is the cruiser to have if that's your thing. I think it's this type of encounter that does more for Victory than anything else. When guys who live and breathe motorcycles choose Victory it gives the brand credibility.

"How do you like the Victory?"
It's the best bike I ever owned...

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
The local bar I frequent has several biker clubs in it from time to time. Mine was the only Victory ever. 2 weeks ago I saw an XCT just like mine at a local gas station. I stopped to check it out and it was one of the Harley guys from one of the local clubs who drinks at that same bar. Then there was 2.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shirts

I have a few Victory shirts and a couple of Victory forum shirts. Riding a Vision, you always get someone coming over to talk to you about the bike. I promote the brand because of the comfort of the ride. If the ride sucked, I would look at another brand in a heartbeat. Merica! cheers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts