Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd day of ownership rolled on me like a thief in the middle of the night. While I am fully focused on breaking in the bike at this time (I only have 100mi on it), I decided to test the cruise control as I was riding to work this morning.

I pushed the first button (ON/OFF) and a red LED turned on on that button, and stayed on - solid red. I would guess that means the cruise control is now on.

I then pushed the "SET" button. Nothing happened. I tried again, and again. Nothing. Turned the cruise control off then back on, and tried the "SET" button again. Still nothing.

By the way, I tried the above mentioned steps in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, while rolling between 50mph and 75mph.

Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
19 Posts
2nd day of ownership rolled on me like a thief in the middle of the night. While I am fully focused on breaking in the bike at this time (I only have 100mi on it), I decided to test the cruise control as I was riding to work this morning.

I pushed the first button (ON/OFF) and a red LED turned on on that button, and stayed on - solid red. I would guess that means the cruise control is now on.

I then pushed the "SET" button. Nothing happened. I tried again, and again. Nothing. Turned the cruise control off then back on, and tried the "SET" button again. Still nothing.

By the way, I tried the above mentioned steps in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, while rolling between 50mph and 75mph.

Am I doing something wrong?
CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE!

It sounds like your doing the right thing. Try pushing and holding the set button in for a couple seconds and see what happens.

I picked up a 2011 XC two weeks ago. LOVE IT!! It took a while getting used to the CC controls.

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your new ridethumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will try that. I doubt the bike's that smart to block the usage of the cruise control for the first 500 mi - right? I guess I'm just trying to find an excuse for why it's not working :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would assume it works like my XC. Once you turn the cruise on(red light indicator) wait at least 3 seconds until you press the set button. Possibly your trying to set it to quickly after turning it on. Just a thought.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a very good point. I'm fairly positive I jumped all over the buttons, not waiting 3 seconds as I wasn't aware of this. When it didn't work, I flipped it off, then on, then tried to SET speed again, and no bueno. I will try the patient approach, wait 3 seconds after turning the cruise control on, and then try to SET the speed. Thank you for the input - I will report back if that was the problem.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As an update to the cruise control situation, in case anybody else follows this thread in the future, experiencing similar problems: It was a faulty throttle switch, which I had replaced. A now I've got me a working cruise control!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts