Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help, please. I need to remove the headlamp so I can pull the fairing off my XCT. I'm having a hell of a time making heads or tails of the HID connector. Can anyone shed some light my way? Thanks.

:confused:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I need some help, please. I need to remove the headlamp so I can pull the fairing off my XCT. I'm having a hell of a time making heads or tails of the HID connector. Can anyone shed some light my way? Thanks.

:confused:
3 prong connector - comes out by pulling away from the bulb. You might have to press on little plastic locking tab to release it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 prong connector - comes out by pulling away from the bulb. You might have to press on little plastic locking tab to release it.
The connector I see is metal and is a 90 degree fitting. It clips somehow into the ballast, but I can't seem to figure out how to squeeze, pry,twist, etc. to get it apart. With my luck I'll end up breaking it. Thanks for replying.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
The connector I see is metal and is a 90 degree fitting. It clips somehow into the ballast, but I can't seem to figure out how to squeeze, pry,twist, etc. to get it apart. With my luck I'll end up breaking it. Thanks for replying.
Disconnect it at the bulb end, not at the ballast end.

If you think you cannot disconnect it without breaking it, it's best to stop, take a deep breath, and simply unscrew the bulb from the headlight housing. Hold the square, metal base as you unscrew it. Make sure not to touch the bulb glass with your fingers. Place bulb in a plastic bag and wrap with paper or anything to protect the bulb while you work on the bike, tape it together, and leave it hanging 'till you're ready to put the faring back together.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnect it at the bulb end, not at the ballast end.

If you think you cannot disconnect it without breaking it, it's best to stop, take a deep breath, and simply unscrew the bulb from the headlight housing. Hold the square, metal base as you unscrew it. Make sure not to touch the bulb glass with your fingers. Place bulb in a plastic bag and wrap with paper or anything to protect the bulb while you work on the bike, tape it together, and leave it hanging 'till you're ready to put the faring back together.
Got her done. It was just a matter of not being timid. :)
BTW, the connector is metal, not plastic. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts