Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vision 8 ball 2011 with trunk . well she when over on me while I was pulling a u turn on a narrow street. The bad thing is my wife was on the back thank God nothing happen and the only thing that was hurt was my pride. This is my first touring bike I went from a 600 shadow to this. about 400 pounds diffrence. I am fine by myself but realy struggling with my wife on the bike in these conditions. Do fine on highway and back roads bike handles great just learning what I can and cann't do with a bigger bike is trying.Any ideas out there. Oh the tipover works great but they only show how when putting bike back up towards kickstand. not the other way of course. So that was a little rough balancing bike and tring to put the kickstand down too.

·
13,235 Posts
I think that's why God made paring lots so we could practice. In time you'll be a pro it just takes time.
If you ever tip over on the left the second thing you do after picking your self up is put the kick stand down before lifting the bike up.

Nice to hear your wife and you were only scared just think if it would have been any other bike it would be in the shop with a thousand dollar fix it charge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think that's why God made paring lots so we could practice. In time you'll be a pro it just takes time.
If you ever tip over on the left the second thing you do after picking your self up is put the kick stand down before lifting the bike up.

Nice to hear your wife and you were only scared just think if it would have been any other bike it would be in the shop with a thousand dollar fix it charge.
Hey Johnny....should that be "tip over on the RIGHT"? not trying to be a smartarse, but the kickstand is on the left......or is my "mind picture" all wrong ??:D:D

Also, if you haven't already used it, I can't recommend "Ride Like a Pro V" highly enough when you're practicing the slow speed maneuvers....helped me enormously...here's the "sneak peek"

Pete

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I totally agree with Pete's advice, definately get the Ride Like a Pro DVD, its advertised in virtually every MC mag. If I was a dealer, I'd include this DVD with every bike purchase.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I ordered the DVD ride like a pro. I do practice figure 8 in parking lots and some of the maneuvers I remember from the motorcycle test. Anything on tips for riding Passengers. Or am I getting greedy.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Eddie, the same techniques you will learn in the Ride Like a Pro DVD apply to two-up as well as solo riding. I believe that RLAP videos more recent than mine show bikes with passengers doing the maneuvers, but I can't swear to it.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Ride Like A Pro does have a section showing the same techniques demonstrated with a passenger. As RICZ said, it's all the same.

·
Registered
567 Posts
There are only 2 kinds of bikers....those that have dumped their bikes and those that will...important thing is that no-one got hurt...prides heal quickly....For that situation put the kick stand down before you try to bring it upright...Hand in there....keep the rubber side down....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts