Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Being one guilty of always going for the latest and greatest "too soon" I had the "miracle" Dynabeads put in my tires at 500 mile checkup on my 2011 XC.

The bike feels ok up to about 75 or 80 but then it really feels like the tires are out of round at that point. I don't remember have such noticeable vibes before the dynabeads. I do have the Victory lowers on the front but I don't think that's causing it.

I'm considering having the tires dismounted and going back to new balance with the weights.

I want to have it feel smooth at least to 100 mph when needed.

How fast can you guys go without feeling the front wheel hopping a bit??

BTW, I'm noticing quite a few turned up noses from the HD guys lately. I have some friends on HD's and they are not like that at all, but I noticed a lot while out riding.

Maybe it's my HID headlight?

·
Registered
243 Posts
when I first put my lowers on at 90 degree angle I had the same problem, then I changed the angle........probably along the lines of 70 degress and its much much better.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Had my Jackpot riding smooth and steady at about 100-105MPH with the dyna beads....I wonder what the deal is with yours.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I first put my lowers on at 90 degree angle I had the same problem, then I changed the angle........probably along the lines of 70 degress and its much much better.
My lowers were mounted as "normal" when I got the bike back and I noticed much more heat around the engine. It's summer so I decided to angle them backwards similar to the fairing. Do you think that could be doing it????

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey guys,

Being one guilty of always going for the latest and greatest "too soon" I had the "miracle" Dynabeads put in my tires at 500 mile checkup on my 2011 XC.

The bike feels ok up to about 75 or 80 but then it really feels like the tires are out of round at that point. I don't remember have such noticeable vibes before the dynabeads. I do have the Victory lowers on the front but I don't think that's causing it.

I'm considering having the tires dismounted and going back to new balance with the weights.

I want to have it feel smooth at least to 100 mph when needed.

How fast can you guys go without feeling the front wheel hopping a bit??

BTW, I'm noticing quite a few turned up noses from the HD guys lately. I have some friends on HD's and they are not like that at all, but I noticed a lot while out riding.

Maybe it's my HID headlight?
i think the top so far for me is 115...just rolled it to 100 on the fw on the way home....can't say that i have any problems...115 level is quite rare though and not extended...just a nice rush passing or such...

all in all..seems peachy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the top so far for me is 115...just rolled it to 100 on the fw on the way home....can't say that i have any problems...115 level is quite rare though and not extended...just a nice rush passing or such...

all in all..seems peachy.
Mine seems better since the old fashion wheel balance. Also, I may be interpreting wind tubulence also at higher speed. I'm still get used to a fairing'd bike. 1st one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts