Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go to a bike show/run are you guys welcomed or not because you didn't choose that other "American" bike? Also how are you treated on the road?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
People flock around our bikes... Not so much if they are stock though. On the road people want to talk and ask questions constantly.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I have had a lot of Harley guys make positive comments about Victorys while chatting over my XR. Just once, One of them said "nice snowmobile" and I replied "Harley tried to make one and failed, remember?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would live a cross country but probably out of my buget, I do like the highball how'd u like it as your first victory and how's it compared to the cross country besides the obvious like the stereo and stuff

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
No american bike I have ever ridden handles like the highball. It is a great machine all around and I will own another one some day. The XC and HB are 2 totally different rides... My highball had no windshield on it and nor should any highball... I could do 2hr stretches at 70mph before needing a break. On the XC I can go through a tank of fuel at 80mph before needing just a quick stop and go.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was waiting in line for a pilot car to take us through a construction zone and a guy got out of his car and just wanted talk about the bike.. Had a couple of ladies fawn over it when I have stopped for gas.. Had a guy slam on his brakes in his big jacked up Dodge pickup, sling it in reverse to back up to me, just to compliment me on the bike and to talk bikes.. Had a guy in a gas station block traffic to bend my ear about bikes and a nice group of little old ladies who walk the neighborhood who now think I'm Bad Ass!

So.. Yes.. Your in for some of that. :D

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Today, at a traffic light, a guy in a car beside me ogled my XR and said, "I'm going to Google Victory, I never heard of it." I like not having a belly button bike.:)

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Today, at a traffic light, a guy in a car beside me ogled my XR and said, "I'm going to Google Victory, I never heard of it." I like not having a belly button bike.:)
We haven't had 112 years man.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
When you go to a bike show/run are you guys welcomed or not because you didn't choose that other "American" bike? Also how are you treated on the road?
I have both and give myself all kinds of crap because of it. When I ride the Harley Vic riders won't wave at me the elitists bastards.....Oh you're not talking about Vic riders??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ride with some great guys who own Harley's, but whenever we stop...all the Joe publics come to talk about the rear tire on my '11 Hammer and how great the bike looks. My buddy who rides a V-Rod gets a somewhat annoyed look.

Cheers!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
I own both just recently bought a XC and I have a night rod special. Both get lots of looks, start lots of conversations and get lots of thumbs up. People need to lose the whole "us vs. them" mentality and just ride! Victory has come a long way and is becoming more popular every year. This year at Daytona Victory made their presence known at most of the events! I look forward to modding my 1st bagger out as I did modding my other bikes in my collection!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I have both and give myself all kinds of crap because of it.
Me, a friend, and our wives were in a bar tonight. There were several Hells Angels in there. We talked to them for a while and they invited me to a poker run tomorrow. Then we went and sat at a table away from the bar. The HAs ordered a couple of pizzas and only ate one. One of the guys brought the other pizza over to our table and asked if we wanted it. "We hate to waste food, you guys eat this".

What a nice bunch of fellas. They obviously knew I was on a Victory and did that as a sign of respect for the brand. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Me, a friend, and our wives were a bar tonight. There were several Hells Angels in there. We talked to them for a while and they invited me to a poker run tomorrow. Then we went and sat at a table away from the bar. The HAs ordered a couple of pizzas and only ate one. One of the guys brought the other pizza over to our table and asked if we wanted it. "We hate to waste food, you guys eat this".

What a nice bunch of fellas. They obviously knew I was on a Victory and did that as a sign of respect for the brand. :cool:
So it's HA on HD man you finally figured it out.

This Harley obsession by Vic riders confuses me. I guess I've rode so long I just don't care it's for the newbys.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts