Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CCT was on the dyno at The Vic Shop when they installed Lloyds DR cams and a PCV. That was at 11K miles and now I have 58K miles on the bike. To me, the bike still runs like a champ. But then I'm likely just used to it as it ages and I may not be the best one suited to verify how it's actually running.

I change oil and filter every 2500 miles. I replace the spark plugs and service the Lloyds air filter annually. I replaced the fuel pump filter at 30K and will likely do it again at 60K. The only performance mods added since the dyno tune are the Bad Ace Billet tank risers and I replaced the Tri Ovals for Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty.

I would like to have someone like KevinX put the bike through his process to ensure everything is still AOK. What do you guys think about the longevity of a dyno tune? Leave well enough alone or have someone like KevinX perform the 60K mile check up?

The fork fluid hasn't been changed since 15K so that definitely needs to be done again. I also want to remove, inspect and lube the rear shock assembly to look at the pivot pin assembly and also add the grease fitting.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
The tune will last as long as the bike remains the same. What usually happens is rubber parts on the intake side (hoses on the IAV system, throttle body adaptor) will deteriorate and cause intake air leaks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you ride it, I'd say no one else is more qualified to say if it's running well or not.

I ran the same map on my 2011 for about 60k miles before I sold it with 121k on it. And I rode it a couple more times while my new-to-me 2013 was getting performance upgrades, so I was able to compare the two. It was pretty obvious it was still kickin' ass.

·
12,983 Posts
You could write Kevinx and ask him what rallies he's going to and make appointment to get a check up. Maybe KMC and now The Dyno Guys have a big dyno and doing rallies they have a good reputation up here in MN. Look facebook for them

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
My CCT was on the dyno at The Vic Shop when they installed Lloyds DR cams and a PCV. That was at 11K miles and now I have 58K miles on the bike. To me, the bike still runs like a champ. But then I'm likely just used to it as it ages and I may not be the best one suited to verify how it's actually running.

I change oil and filter every 2500 miles. I replace the spark plugs and service the Lloyds air filter annually. I replaced the fuel pump filter at 30K and will likely do it again at 60K. The only performance mods added since the dyno tune are the Bad Ace Billet tank risers and I replaced the Tri Ovals for Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty.

I would like to have someone like KevinX put the bike through his process to ensure everything is still AOK. What do you guys think about the longevity of a dyno tune? Leave well enough alone or have someone like KevinX perform the 60K mile check up?

The fork fluid hasn't been changed since 15K so that definitely needs to be done again. I also want to remove, inspect and lube the rear shock assembly to look at the pivot pin assembly and also add the grease fitting.
Map is good until something mechanical happens. No reason for me to retune it
He did a muffler change.

·
Registered
543 Posts
He did a muffler change.
^
This.

It's about air/fuel ratios and changes in exhaust systems can change the flow of air and thus the air/fuel ratio on which the tune was based. Also, the tank risers can create a difference in air movement, however small, that could effect further change. While the other issues listed (gaskets etc.) need to be checked and maintained to keep the status of the tune accurate, these two items are changes which require a follow-up and tweaking on the dyno. It is possible that the changes in performance don't effect the 'Seat Of The Pants' dyno but they generally lack the accuracy ( ;) ) of the real thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts