Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Seems to me it would depend on how often they work on these bikes and how familiar they are with the process.
With guys like Kyle, Kevin, etc., it'll be a lot quicker that with someone who only does a few of them every now and then.
In other words...YMMV.

·
12,972 Posts
Once they pull the gas tank it gets pretty easy. Now the rocker box have to be pulled to put in the cams. They can now hook up the PCV.
Yes i would say a good five hours just for that.
Exhaust would be another hour.

Didn't see you where going to put in a Lloydz timing wheel and that should be done or don't do any of it

·
Registered
263 Posts
im paying 750 for cam install, timing wheel install and lloydz filter install, with maps setup. (dyno coming later and not included) i know dealer has cam install at 10 hrs, but they wont do the cam install anymore due to epa mandate... (not that i would pay dealer rate at 10 hrs anyway...) the mechanic works in the dealership and is competant, we went back and forth a bit on the price, but i felt it was fair. did i screw the pooch?

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's the same price my local dealer told me just to do the cam install. But that was a quote to actually take the motor out to do it and not splitting the frame. So I put them in myself.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's the same price my local dealer told me just to do the cam install. But that was a quote to actually take the motor out to do it and not splitting the frame. So I put them in myself.
the dealers in cali wont do the cam install anymore due to eps regs, but they charge 110 per hour and have the cam install at 10 hrs for grand total of 1199.00 with tax. so i didnt have many options as i wasnt takling it myself so he was at 600 for cams and 150 for wheel, filter, and mapping... taking it to get dynoed in two weeks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
the dealers in cali wont do the cam install anymore due to eps regs, but they charge 110 per hour and have the cam install at 10 hrs for grand total of 1199.00 with tax. so i didnt have many options as i wasnt takling it myself so he was at 600 for cams and 150 for wheel, filter, and mapping... taking it to get dynoed in two weeks.
Is that including parts???

·
Registered
427 Posts
How much to do mine? Lol who quoted you performance or wheels?

·
Registered
203 Posts
How much to do mine? Lol who quoted you performance or wheels?
Wheels...I've done 3 cam installs so far on cross bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts