1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Wow....................

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Super cool, but after some clicking the site gave me a gif option , hope it works...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
no doubt he would be into the pits shortly after for a change of underwear!:eek

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
I hope that suit can take that kind of friction without wearing through to the skin.

That was some great riding!

I'm sometimes amazed at what people can do that they don't even know they can do it.

One time I was riding next to someone who was riding a loaned bike for a little road trip we went on. I think it was a 500 single cylinder thumper and I was on my 650 Yamaha. This was in the early 80's.

Anyway it was night and apparently the guy he borrowed the bike from forgot to tighten the axle nut because the bike started fishtailing like crazy and here I was right next to him on my bike watching this whole thing happen in what looked like slow motion at 60 mph. He started going down but instead of crashing he kind of kept himself on the part of the bike that was facing the sky and rode it as it skidded to a stop with sparks flying everywhere. I stopped my bike as quick as I could beside the freeway this happened on and ran back to him. He had already gotten the bike upright and rolled over to the side of the freeway where we discovered the missing axle nut. As if that wasn't lucky enough we looked around on the ground for something we could repair it with and found the axle nut right by where he had rolled the bike to. Just all around incredible luck and some damn fine riding. We were able to get that nut on and tightened down and other than a bent clutch lever and broken mirror (and lots of scratches); the bike was road worthy so we continued on with our little road trip.

The owner of the bike wasn't even pissed off since it was his fault in the first place and he knew it could have been him on the bike when that happened and with a different result.

I remember riding my dirt bikes as a kid wanting to do a flip but was too afraid to try. Besides I had no way to afford fixing the bike if I broke it. Now they do flips and all kinds of crazy things in the air.

·
Registered
790 Posts
So... basically he fell off, had enough sense/experience to keep it going and get back on... amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts