Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who has the biggest lowering kit on the rear? All I have been able to find is 1 1/2 inches. I already drag with stock so I was wondering if anything lower than 1 1/2 inches is to much.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also looking at putting the x-bow exhaust on but it looks like it hangs low. Not a fan of dragging pipes. Any experience on that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
my 8 ball is lowered 1.5" I have already burned through two rear harnesses. I have tried moving it to the side, but still didnt work. However, the second time it rubbed through, i was doing two up riding. So, i ordered my third wiring harness and the stock ride height suspension brackets. I bought the bike with the lowering kit installed and do not care for it anymore. im sure if you dont plan on doing any two up riding, it would be good for you. but make sure you move the harness and check your clearance before cruising. you also loose alot of corning speed as you will scrape from and pegs. in my opinion its not worth it. if you would like my old lowering brackets, shoot me a pm and ill send them to you.cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
From everything i have read is what has just been said. 1.5 is the most with moving the harness, i did mine a while back and havn't had any problems solo or with passenger. One guy on here lowered his 3 inchs and says he hasn't had any problems.

I have a set of 3 inch links and might put them on just to see how bad it could be???

I was wondering who has the biggest lowering kit on the rear? All I have been able to find is 1 1/2 inches. I already drag with stock so I was wondering if anything lower than 1 1/2 inches is to much.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine is lowered 3". You have to move the harness to the side underneath the fender...its easy. Of course if you try and drag your knee your going to scrape your pegs. Respect the road and your scoot and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
victoryonly.com, im sure you can find it cheaper on ebay. check out my album to see what it looks like

·
Registered
526 Posts
my 8 ball is lowered 1.5" I have already burned through two rear harnesses. I have tried moving it to the side, but still didnt work. However, the second time it rubbed through, i was doing two up riding. So, i ordered my third wiring harness and the stock ride height suspension brackets. I bought the bike with the lowering kit installed and do not care for it anymore. im sure if you dont plan on doing any two up riding, it would be good for you. but make sure you move the harness and check your clearance before cruising. you also loose alot of corning speed as you will scrape from and pegs. in my opinion its not worth it. if you would like my old lowering brackets, shoot me a pm and ill send them to you.cheers
You shouldn't be burning harness' if you moved it correctly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I went three inches. Looks great still need to grind on the belt guard. So its removed for now. Heres my next question how much should I adjust the preload on my rear shock for me and a passenger we will say 325-350 lbs max on that. I only weigh 150 and I figure better be safe than rub.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Sawyer, can you post pics of the results?? I'm wanting to do mine, i already have the links. I'm about the same weight as you and wouldn't exceed 325 while riding 2 up... Do you plan on lowering the front as well, was told IF one were to go 3 inches it would behove them to at least lower the front 1 inch. I don't know how accurate that info is.

Alright I went three inches. Looks great still need to grind on the belt guard. So its removed for now. Heres my next question how much should I adjust the preload on my rear shock for me and a passenger we will say 325-350 lbs max on that. I only weigh 150 and I figure better be safe than rub.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I just put 3 pics up in my album. I love the way it looks but I still have stock exhaust. BIG issue there when I corner I scrape the bottom of my exhaust and also my kick stand. Also I noticed after lowering if I move my wheel to the right it will try to fall over that way. I also stiffened up the suspension 5 full turns which eliminated the bottoming out issue I was having. Like I said it looks great but doesn't seem to be practical. I found a 1.5" lowering kit and am going to try it out next.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, that looks really good. If you try out the 1.5 let me know the diffrence between the two??

Ok I just put 3 pics up in my album. I love the way it looks but I still have stock exhaust. BIG issue there when I corner I scrape the bottom of my exhaust and also my kick stand. Also I noticed after lowering if I move my wheel to the right it will try to fall over that way. I also stiffened up the suspension 5 full turns which eliminated the bottoming out issue I was having. Like I said it looks great but doesn't seem to be practical. I found a 1.5" lowering kit and am going to try it out next.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will be about 2 weeks before I get the chance to install my 1.5" kit. But I am sure I will update you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Swayer,

Looks good. Are you gonna stick with the 1.5 or switch back to the 3 inch. How diffrent is the ride compared to one another??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will definitely stick with the 1.5" lowering kit. The ride is pretty nice. I ground the stock exhaust on every turn with the 3" but only managed to do it once today with a passenger. I did hear some rear strut noise at lower speeds though town on a crappy road once again with a passenger.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts